I just got back from CVS and was disappointed with this week’s sales. Please go to Melissa’s Bargain Blog to see the deals. Melissa also posted a couple of scenarios for you to follow at CVS this week. I had a $3 off of $15 or more that printed from the coupon kiosk (TIP: scan your EC card each time you go to CVS here BEFORE you shop to see what coupons you get) and was going to expire in a few days that I wanted to use. Here’s my transaction:
1. Carnation Instant Breakfast (on sale for $4.99 and I got $4.99 back in ECB’s so item was FREE)
2. Hallmark Valentine’s Day Lunch Sacks with stickers (on sale for $.99 on clearance at 75% off). I got 2 of these to use for Valentine’s Day goodies for next year.
3. Cadbury Mini-Eggs (on sale for $2.00)
4. Patterned journal/spiral. I needed something to keep track of the blog and all of my ideas for posts, etc. (on sale for $5.49)
5. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup filler ($.50)
In total I used the $3 off $15 coupon and then $3 in ECB’s that I had from last week. The total was $9.32 and I got back $4.99 in ECB’s.
I found some great Nivea coupons in the make-up section where they display the new make-up. There were 4 different little pamphlets with 5 coupons total ($2 off Goodbye Cellulite, $5/2 Goodbye Cellulite, $1 off Face or Body product, $2 off Sun-Kissed Firming Moisturizer, and $1 off Natural Tone – this last one was in Spanish and English). They all have different expiration dates ranging from 6/30/09 until 9/1/09 so I’ll hold onto them and wait for a good deal to use them.
I wanted to get the trial size ACT mouthwash ($.99 with $.99 back in ECB’s so FREE) but my store didn’t have any and didn’t have a space for them on the shelf. I’ll check back later this week to be sure they didn’t get some in later.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!