The infamous $36.34 Wii and Wii Fit!

by Nicole on March 14, 2009

You probably read the title to this post and don’t believe it. Well, it’s true. I did this by doing an online offer. Now, I’m not the expert on these offers, but Carrie over at Money Saving Methods has done them for a while and as of September of 2008 she had made over $15,000 doing these offers. I was skeptical but I trust Carrie, so on December 29, 2008 I completed the 8 offers required for the prize and site I selected. I ended up receiving the brand new Wii and Wii Fit on February 20, 2009 so the whole thing took less than 2 months and around 3 hours or so total. The next one I do will take less time though, now that I am familiar with these offers.

You have probably seen these offers/banners before and said, “yeah right, that’s not legit.” Well, the ones I am highlighting here are legit. The parent company for these offers is I-deal though there are subcompanies such as Top Notch Media, Bullseye Media, etc. Once you do your first you’ll be hooked – but you can only earn $1,000 per sub-company in a 6 month period.

You’ll need a credit card (ideally one capable of giving you a virtual card number – look on their website or call customer service), a calendar, pen, and some patience but you can do it! Block off at least 2 hours the first day to complete all the offers. You’ll want to get them done in one sitting.

Choose the prize you want. Here are a bunch of options below. All the ones in this post are I-deal parent company site with different sub-companies. Please be advised that sometimes a component of completing an offer is to refer people to do the offer as well. Those can get complicated (not to mention ruin friendships) so all the ones included here are DIY (do-it-yourself) offers with no referrals needed at the time of posting (terms can change so please read the front page carefully to see how many offers are required and whether or not referrals are a part of that).

Wii and Wii Fit – this is the offer I did (FYI: The terms have now changed on this offer and you need to do 2 silvers, 2 golds, and 8 platinums PLUS refer 2 users and have them complete the requirements)

$500 in gas gift cards to your choice – Hollister, Abercrombie or American Eagle

Unlocked Blackberry Pearl Flip Phone

$500 giftcard to Kohls

$100 in Restaurant giftcards (Chilis or Fridays)

$500 Ikea Giftcard

$100 Visa Giftcard and Game Jersey

$50 McDonalds giftcard

$500 giftcard

Pair of Nikes (your choice of Air Zoom Kobe IV, Air the Six or Air Jordan Retro 15 LS

There are more so please email me if you are looking for something different and I’ll look around.
Ok, so now that you have found the prize that you want, look to see how many “offers” you will need to do to get the prize. Offers are divided up into 3 categories – silver, gold and platinum. Usually for a $500 value prize, you will do 2 silvers, 2 golds, and 4 platinums. It may be less offers if there is a referral or two involved. Again, I did not include any referral sites here at the time I posted but these offers can change so be sure to CAREFULLY read the fine print on the first page – you should also open the terms and conditions and copy them into a wordprocessing document that you will use to keep track of this offer.

Set up a new free web-based email address for this – you will get spam from the offers you sign up with. Use this new email address for every offer you do.

Fill out the registration on the first page. Then you will get page after page of questions. If there is a “skip” click it, if not make sure to select “no” for each and continue. You’ll finally to get the page that has silver offers on it. I keep going until I reach the platinum offers, then I work backwards. The platinum page will have the fewest and most expensive offers so if there’s nothing on this page for you, pick a new prize and start over! You should figure out which offers you are going to do before starting to do them. Make a plan. This is a good time to research the offers you are doing. You are only allowed to do one offer per parent company. The sites don’t tell you who their parent company is so you’ll need to do some research. For instance, if a site looks similar and/or especially if the checkout page looks similar then they are likely from the same parent company.

Now you’re asking what an “offer” is – offers are trials for things like Netflix, skin and make-up products, book clubs, etc. Each offer will have its own terms. Make sure to copy and paste the terms of each offer (including price of offer, how long trial period is, price of trial, price after trial expires, number to cancel, etc.) on the same document you used to copy the general offer’s terms and conditions. Make sure to reference the first page to make sure you are doing the right number of offers under each category. Please make sure to read each offer’s terms VERY CAREFULLY.

A helpful hint is to open an offer, wait a few minutes and then log back in under “check gift status” on the main page to make sure that the offer shows as “pending”. Many may show as pending, don’t worry. Each offer that you open should show as pending whether you complete it or not. If you have an offer open and it doesn’t show as pending, close it out, wait a few minutes and start over until it shows as pending.

Another hint is to use a virtual credit card number for these offers. My Discover and Citibank cards have that feature available on their websites. Using the feature I am able to disguise my true credit card number by getting a virtual credit card number. Check your credit card company to see if this number is good for one use only or for one vendor only. Each company has different terms.

Sign up for offers that interest you. These companies are subsidizing the fabulous prize you chose so try the product and give it a chance – maybe it would make a great gift for someone on your list?

After you have completed the requisite number of offers, you play the waiting game (on pins and needles). With my experience, all of my offers had approved within 2 weeks. 2 of my co-workers just did one and they were also approved within 2 weeks. It is also common to have an offer or 2 not approve. If this happens, you need to do a replacement offer. Replacement offers generally credit within a day or 2.

Once all offers are approved and you “check your gift status” from the main page it will say that you have completed all offers and link to a redemption certificate. You must fill in and print this certificate as well as a W-9 form (these earnings are taxable) and send them in. I send them priority mail with delivery confirmation. I then wait until I see confirmation on the postal service website and give the company 2 week to process my redemption certificate and paperwork. If, after 2 weeks, your status has not changed, you need to email them with your delivery confirmation number. My status changed exactly 2 weeks from the date they received it and it said that my prize would arrive within 6-8 weeks. It arrived earlier than that, on February 20, via FedEx.

Ideal gives you 60 days from the date you first register until the date that everything must be completed and all paperwork mailed to them. Do the offers on the day you register as your clock starts ticking then. Keep track of all dates, company names, terms and conditions, cancelling instructions, phone numbers, etc. I found it easy to create a table (or spreadsheet if you’re more Excel-literate than I am) with that information for each offer I did.

Whew, this has been a long post and I’m sure many of you will have more questions. Please leave a comment or send me an email through the “contact me” button on the left sidebar and I’d be more than happy to help. Please remember that organization is key to successful completion of these online offers! Good luck!

1 nicolesnickels February 19, 2010 at 4:21 pm

No, not at all. In fact, when I do my monthly post NONE of them require referrals. Terms do change (you’re locked into the terms when you sign up) so you may see some now on old posts that require referrals. I don’t recommend doing one that requires referrals. Let me know if you have any other questions.

2 Jesisca February 20, 2010 at 7:11 am

Hi Nicole!

I had started the $500 VISA card that had 4 platinum, 2 sliver and 2 gold offeres to complete and they then changed it to referring 2 other households. Since I don’t want to do this, do you have knowledge of any other offers that are around $500 that I would not have to refer other people?

Thanks so much!

3 nicolesnickels February 20, 2010 at 7:24 am

Jessica: Email Ideal through the “contact us” link on the front page and advise that the requirements change after you had started the offer (I assume you have done all the offers in 1 sitting as I recommended). Let them know you can send them the requirements as they were if they would like the,m. In my experience they will adjust the requirements back to the original ones so you’re fine.

4 Kelli C. February 28, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Hi Nicole,

Just wanted to give you a quick update. They were willing to lock me into the original terms. I’ve been approved and I’m just waiting for the gift card now :)

Thanks for the advice!

5 Janine March 1, 2010 at 7:49 pm

I did all my offers on Feb 6. I received all my products/subscriptions. Though, some still say pending. None of them say not approved. Should I still wait or apply for more?

It’s one silver and 3 platinum that are in pending status.

6 nicolesnickels March 1, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I wouldn’t focus on what’s pending since any offer you click on whether you do it or not will show as pending. They will never say “not approved”, they will show either as pending or approved. Also, receiving a prduct or subscription doesn’t mean it will always approve – I expect to do 1-3 replacements each time. How many offers have approved? My instructions say to do all replacements on Day 13 so you’re running behind and offers expire 60 days after you start them. Do all replacements NOW.

7 Janine March 2, 2010 at 9:41 am

4 total are pending…i will do some now!

8 Janine March 2, 2010 at 9:57 am

I also just noticed my terms have changed to referring 2 people as well. I emailed them too, hopefully they keep the terms the way they were when I signed up. I’m getting nervous now since I still have 3 platinum to be approved and 1 silver….I hope this works…I’m going to sign up for more now. I’m just afraid i’m going to put more money into this than expected.

9 Janine March 2, 2010 at 9:59 am

And, looking at the terms when i’m trying to sign up for more offers are all saying to refer 2 people. I dont know if I should go ahead and sign up or of they are going to require 2 people now…

10 Anon March 2, 2010 at 4:17 pm

I just completed all my offers and now it is saying:

We have received the initial reports from our Sponsors that you have completed the appropriate registrations with their company. Our Terms and Conditions can be updated at any time. Please see the website for details. According to our Terms and Conditions, you are required to comply with certain provisions relating to the completion of your participation in our sponsor offers. Refer to the “Cancellation Limitation” section of the Terms and Conditions provided in this notice. Please be aware that the “Cancellation Limitation” will only apply to those Sponsor Offers completed while this policy was in effect.

CANCELLATION LIMITATION: You will not be eligible to receive a Gift in this Promotion if, within 6 days of your Sponsor Offer Initial Transaction Date, you cancel your participation in more than two Sponsor Offers you have completed as a part of the Program Requirements (the “Cancellation Limitation”)

Once the 6 day timeframe has passed you will be notified to submit documentation to verify your full participation in the advertiser’s offers after the 6-day period.Acceptable documentation would include email confirmations/ invoices, proofs of current membership or cancellation notices (if applicable) and billing statements (which include credit card and or bank statements showing your name with the account number blacked out except for the last four digits) showing the transactions for the full 6-day period. In order to expedite processing your gift, please begin collecting the documentation at this time.

STAY TUNED and please remember to check this site for updates regarding your gift redemption status.

11 nicolesnickels March 2, 2010 at 6:12 pm

You did a Nuitech offer and not an Ideal offer. I don’t do Nuitech offers so I can’t help!

12 nicolesnickels March 2, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Email Ideal through the contact us link on the offer page and explain that you signed up under X terms and now there are referrals required. From my experiences they will lock you into the old terms. Just remember, pending doesn’t matter. Only approved matters. How many are approved?

13 Janine March 2, 2010 at 9:57 pm

there are 1 silver 2 gold and 5 platinum….requirements are 2 silver 2 gold and 8 platinum. I emailed them before I started signing up for more offers because I dont want to have to refer people…should I still sign up for more?

14 nicolesnickels March 3, 2010 at 6:08 am

They normally email back within 24 hours, check your spam folder also. I can’t tell you what to do here, except that it has been my experience that they will lock you in under the old terms though I can’t make any promises for them.

15 Janine March 3, 2010 at 8:01 am

I understand Nicole. I will keep you posted. Thank you for your help. I really hope this works, I will wait until they lock in the terms before I apply for more offers…I hope this works :(

16 janine March 3, 2010 at 8:22 pm

a little update. They did lock in my terms and also sent me this:

Dear customer,

Per the terms and conditions of our website:

We do not guarantee that you will receive credit for an offer. We reserve the right to refuse crediting your account for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to improper sign-up, lack of appropriate information or documentation or improper browser settings.

We are not responsible for delays in reporting offer completion. The time it takes to receive credit for an offer varies with each advertiser.

If you would like to submit your proof of purchase for evaluation you may fax the information to (717) 828.1600. We would require a copy of the confirmation email along with a credit card statement showing proof of purchase.

Please understand that submitting this information does not guarantee you will receive credit for the offer(s). We reserve the right to refuse crediting your account.

NOTE: We do not require any information to be submitted if you completed Netflix and did not receive credit – we will automatically credit that offer.

Customer Service

I just faxed over my info. Do you think I should still fill out more offers?

17 nicolesnickels March 3, 2010 at 9:11 pm

It’s up to you. I have never heard of Ideal giving manual credit though.

18 Haila March 4, 2010 at 12:59 am

Hi. Thanks for all the great guidance! I’ve been following your instructions – so far, so good. I recently mailed in my forms (already got delivery confirmation) so now am waiting for confirmation that it’s processed. I’m a little less than 3 weeks out from when I started.

Is that it, then? Once it’s processed, I can just sit back and wait for the gift card to arrive – or is there some other potential hurdle? This whole thing hasn’t been very good on my nerves (numerous replacement offers, lots of spammy sites and glitches signing up — plus I’m sort of a nervous type of person!), so I’m wondering when I can relax!

19 nicolesnickels March 4, 2010 at 5:27 am

Your status should change from being able to print your certificate to saying it has been processed and you can expect to receive your gift soon. Has your status changed? If so, then there is nothing else to do.

20 Janine March 4, 2010 at 10:08 am

Well they sent me an email saying they recieved the faxes and to check my status and it says click here to redeem. I will be filling out the forms tonight. I think it worked??

21 nicolesnickels March 4, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Sounds like it.

22 Janine March 26, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Does anyone know if they send via fed ex?

23 Janine March 26, 2010 at 4:34 pm

delete that, just had to read lol

24 Nicole April 13, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Hey Nicole,
Just thought I would let you know that I also got the same email Janine got when I asked about my one last offer still pending. I faxed my info and credit card statement in and they manually approved it. I filled out the redemption form and have been approved as of yesterday. I am now waiting on the gift. I believe they do give manual credit now. Odd, but exciting!