I had some register rewards that were set to expire today so I headed to Walgreens after reviewing Frugal RI Mama’s coupon match-ups. Please check her awesome site out to see how to get cheap deodorant and Dove products!
I did 1 transaction and got the following products:
1. Listerine mouthwash (on sale in a 3 for $9 promotion and get $6 in register rewards back. I also had coupon from today’s paper for $3 off when you buy Listerine, Reach floss and a Reach toothbrush)
2. Reach Ultra-clean dental floss (see above)
3. Reach Ultra-clean toothbrush (see above)
4. Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara (on sale for $7.79, had coupon for FREE product from April’s All You Magazine)
5. Rimmel eyeliner (Wags is having BOGO free Rimmel deal this week)
6. Vidal Sasson Ecosystems Hairdryer (on sale for $19.99 and get back $10.00 in register rewards)
7. Wet Ones (on sale for $3.19, used in-ad coupon to make it $1.99 then used $.75 off coupon from paper)
I wasn’t happy with the cashier – she couldn’t get the cash register to mark the mascara for free and also the eyeliner for free. She ended up telling me it went through but it didn’t, so I will likely return the eyeliner this week. I ended up spending $6.29 more than I wanted which would have made this a FREE trip otherwise!
Subtotal before coupons was $46.26. I used the $3 off coupon on the Listerine and Reach products, got the mascara for FREE ($7.79 off) even though the cashier was only supposed to give me up to $6.47 for it, used the in-ad coupon for $1.20 off the Wet Ones, used the $.75 coupon for the Wet Ones, used $13.50 in register rewards from previous trips and paid $22.95 out of pocket. I got back $16 in register rewards ($10 from hairdryer, $6 from Listerine and Reach products) though and I really needed a new hair dryer!
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!