Walgreens, Round 2

by Nicole on March 13, 2009

My co-worker Amy is learning how to coupon so we took a field trip to Walgreens at lunch today. Here is what I got:

1. Irish Spring Body Wash (on sale for $4.49 – got Register Reward for FREE Irish Spring Body Wash) FREE after register reward
2. Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste (on clearance for $.95, used $.75 off coupon and got back $1 Register Reward) OVERAGE of $.80 after coupon and register reward
3. Acne Free Terminator 10 (on clearance for $3.19 each, I bought 2 and used 2 coupons or $1 off, then got $5 Register Rewards) OVERAGE of $.62 after coupons and register rewards
4. Mentos Gum (needed a filler to get to the $10 since I had a $10 Register Reward, used $.55 off coupon on the gum). paid $1.14

Used $10 Register Reward that I had from previous week and paid $.68 for all items PLUS got back $10.49 in Register Rewards!!

1 Anonymous March 13, 2009 at 6:01 pm

Hey Nicole! I sure wish that I had a co-worker like you! All of mine think I am crazy for clipping coupons and saving money! But they don’t know what they are missing out on! Keep up the great work on the site, I love it!

2 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels March 13, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Oh, most of mine think I am crazy, too. 1 of them is already a couponer and the one I went with today is learning. Thanks for the compliment on the blog!

3 Anonymous March 13, 2009 at 9:32 pm

How do you get your wags to give the rr if you use rr’s and q’s in your transactions?

4 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels March 14, 2009 at 4:13 am

Anonymous, I’m not sure what you mean. I’ve been to 3 Wags in my area and have never had a problem. Whether I use RR or not, the new RR’s print – have you called Walgreens corporate about the issues or tried another store near you?

5 Stephanie March 14, 2009 at 9:41 am

You did great! The Walgreens deals are awesome this week!

6 Anonymous March 16, 2009 at 7:59 pm

As long as you don’t use the same manufacturer RR to pay for a transaction that you expect to receive RR’s for – they should print. Example: I can’t use my Dove $10 RR to buy more Dove and get additional $10 RR, now I can use that Dove $10 RR to purchase something else that’s not Dove to get more RR’s…hope that makes sense! Thanks! :)