Walgreens this week

by Nicole on March 9, 2009

Just as with my earlier CVS post, I want to direct my readers to Frugal Rhode Island Mama’s Walgreens match-ups for the week. Her site is so cute and she is a trustworthy and experienced blogger and couponer! So check out the match-ups and make your own shopping list.

Since I am still somewhat new to couponing this way, I am still trying to figure out the best way to organize all my coupons. I started out just keeping the inserts but got very tired of sorting through them each time I wanted a coupon. Plus, my coupons seem to be very different from many other bloggers and I know coupons can be regional. So, I wanted to try to keep a binder of coupons and found a zip-around binder with pockets that was really nice at Walgreens for $15.49 – but I didn’t want to spend $15.49 on it!

Here is what I got at Walgreens this week and how I got the binder for FREE:

1. Mead 5 star binder – on sale for $15.49

2. Glade Lasting Impressions – on sale for $7.99 each. I bought 2, used a buy one get one free Internet coupon (found here), used the $4 Easy Saver coupon (took $4 off of each of them), then used $4 manufacturer’s coupon for a $4.01 OVERAGE!

3. Glade Sense and Spray – on sale for $7.99 each. I bought 2, used a buy one get one free Internet coupon (found here), used the $4 Easy Saver coupon (took $4 off of each of them), then used $4 manufacturer’s coupon for a $4.01 OVERAGE!

4. Glade Sense and Spray – bought 2 more with the same deal as above

5. Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear Face-Brightener – on sale for $13.99, I used $1 off coupon from last week’s Sunday paper. Product had a “try me free” peelie on it – submitted as rebate for purchase price of $13.99.

Total was $21.49 with the sales tax, used the $10 in register rewards from the dove deal last week and paid $11.49 out of pocket – but I’ll get $13.99 back from the make-up rebate. So everything (including the expensive binder) was FREE!

1 Karen March 9, 2009 at 7:25 am

Great job! You may be new but you sure do know what your doing!

2 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels March 9, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Thanks, Karen!

3 LCPARSONS March 9, 2009 at 10:16 pm

On the Glade bogo free item how were you able to use two manufacturer coupons? Most stores will not honor two of those unless one is specifically from the store itself.

4 samea March 10, 2009 at 12:15 am

great job..i had and still do have a binder but i really found it to be impractical for me with my toddler in tow, so i came up with a “simpler” version, i bought a “business” card roledex at office depot during their current red tag clearance event for $ is size of a ladies wallet..the slits were on the inner side which made it difficult to “load” them with coupons so i snipped off th edges to make the pockets accessible from both sides, sonwi read all the deals..”plan my “attack”, load my weapons(coupons), and its so far worked for me..:)

5 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels March 10, 2009 at 4:25 am

LCPARSONS: I think I was able to use both because I had 2 items and 2 manufacturer’s coupons. Sure, 1 of the coupons meant one of the items was now FREE but I was still able to use the second manufacturer’s coupon on the second item purchased. The rule is that you can have one manufacturer’s coupon per item!

6 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels March 10, 2009 at 4:27 am

samea – That is some system! Do you clip all coupons or just the ones for items you use regularly?

7 Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 9:38 am

I agree with LCPARSONS…

My WAGS will not honor two of man. q’s on a BOGO unless the store has a BOGO WAGS promotion (such as coffeemate this week). I think the only reason it worked was they had to q in the price for the item. I think you are actually committing coupon fraud. You said the rule states on man. per item…but you couldn’t get the second item if it wasn’t for the first man. q.

8 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels March 10, 2009 at 9:47 am

Anonymous: Maybe this explanation will make more sense. I used the $4 off on the first item and then got the second free with the BOGO coupon. It doesn’t say you have to buy the first item at full price in order to get the second free and I used one manufacturer’s coupon per item purchased. It was, in fact, the assistant manager who rung me up and she went very slowly through each coupon as she checked me out.

9 Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Interesting…looks like you have a better WAGS than me. They won’t let me do it :(

10 Stefani @ March 10, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Sounds like a deal!

Stefani @ Mommy Enterprises

11 Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 8:01 am

one more thing, there are $4 coupons inside the sense and spray boxes and $3 coupons in the lasting impression boxes, in case you don’t have the coupons from the inserts.