BARE International Mystery Shopping

by Nicole on April 9, 2009

BARE International is another mystery shopping company that I wanted to highlight. BARE International is FREE to join (as all legit mystery shopping companies are!) and they have shops all over the country, ranging from casual dining to financial (bank, mortgage) shops. The editors and schedulers at BARE are great to work with and provide quick and valuable feedback on your shop reports.

BARE also has many airport shops which are so much fun! You fill out a special form to let them know of your travel plans and depending on your timing and their need they schedule you 4-5 shops in each airport you are traveling through. This is a great way to get a free meal and magazine/candy while waiting for your flight at the airport!

If you’re interested in learning more about mystery shopping, please read my guest post, titled “Mystery Shopping 101” that you can read here at Never Pay Retail Again.

Remember, it’s FREE to sign up and you don’t know what great shops there may be in your area until you do!

1 Lala April 10, 2009 at 9:08 am

Have you done this yourself? I’ve always been interested but never knew of a trusted and honest company. Please tell me more

2 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels April 10, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Yes, I mystery shop myself. Please click the “mystery shopping” button on the top of my blog and it will take you to all the posts I have written about mystery shopping. If you have other questions, let me know.

3 denise January 29, 2010 at 9:09 am

Bare seems to require your bank information. Is this because they direct deposit payment into your account? Did you feel comfortable giving them this?

4 nicolesnickels January 29, 2010 at 1:27 pm

I just checked their sign-up and found this: “If you are concerned with sharing this information, we will allow one check to be sent before asking for your information again. Please just enter 10 zeros and a capital C. 0000000000C”. I havent’ had any issues with BARE but you’ll need to decide for yourself what you feel comfortable with.

5 Heather January 25, 2011 at 11:19 am

BEWARE of Bare International. They are the WORST mystery shopping company I have ever worked for. I have been mystery shopping for 7 years and have never had worse customer service for their evaluators. They do not send emails as to requests for more information until they give you a grade 1 on the shop and reprimand you. They told me they didn’t believe I did not get emails even though they could not provide any proof that they had sent any. There are much better companies out there to work for. I recommend MarketForce, Quest for Best, Jancyn, Second to None, and Feedback Plus to name a few. STAY AWAY FROM BARE INTERNATIONAL!!

6 Amelia December 7, 2011 at 7:18 am

Totally agree with that last comment!

7 Rakhi March 15, 2012 at 6:48 am

I am a mystery shopper with bare international & several other mystery shopping companies too.
I genuinely have following complain with Bare International & would like to warn people of their irresponsible behavior towards the shoppers.

1. The pay is very minimal as compared to the other mystery shopping companies.
2. Their report is unduly long & elaborative.
3. Everytime you mystery shop for them & they would find 100 errors in your report, however genuinely, you have filled their reports.
4. All the other companies, in cases of doubts or disconnect would call you & confirm the details & rephrase the things if they feel is required but the members of Bare would try to exclude your reports on maximum grounds possible. Once you have sent the report & the receipt to them, they will tell you that your report is excluded & will not pay you.
5. 70% of the times, they will find reasons for not paying you but will fetch the receipt & report from you & would present it to the company & will fill their own pockets.

I have found this company very unethical to work with & I am hugely disappointed. So, shoppers!please be aware!