Focus on Service

by Nicole on April 30, 2009

Focus on Service is a different kind of mystery shopping company than the ones I usually post about in that Focus on Service has only one (1) client who they reveal on their home page so it’s not a secret! Focus on Service does mystery shops for the Longhorn Steakhouse chain. It is FREE to sign up and they email you when shops in your area open up.

They do lunch and dinner mystery shops at Longhorn Steakhouses and the reimbursement is generally fair. I find myself spending a little extra when I do these shops but it’s a great meal and the form and report you have to fill out are fairly easy and there is not much narrative needed.

The scheduler I dealt with was very nice and responded to my emails very quickly. You have to do a short phone interview prior to your first shop to go over the instructions. This is a good shop for a beginner to try if you’ve been a little leary of mystery shopping. Click here to sign up.

1 Taran May 1, 2009 at 11:24 am

Awesome post Nicole. I have a Longhorn literally down the street from me and it was super simple to sign up. Thanks!

2 Anonymous May 2, 2009 at 3:29 pm

My spouse signed up for Focus on Service and we had an excellent experience. It was a lot of fun to have lunch there, and the process was professional and easy.

3 Cheryl May 6, 2009 at 10:18 am

Thanks so much for this! I signed up yesterday and they already picked me. Maybe because I’m new or haven’t eaten at Longhorn before but I’m excited to go.

4 Melanie Kelly January 6, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Just letting everyone know I am the scheduler for these shops and I am still looking for new shoppers to go to Longhorn Steakhouse. I have MANY locations throughout Florida and Ohio. If your interested please sign up at our website at
where you can get more information. Thanks,

5 Charles May 22, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Just wanted to add that I signed up for and was accepted for Focus on Service, and I would never have known about this opportunity if you hadn’t blogged about it. So many thanks to you! Just completed my third dine for them. Wonderful experience, great food.

6 Andrea Hart June 12, 2010 at 10:44 pm

I, too, have worked with Focus on Service. It’s a great company and the reimbursement check comes very quickly! It’s a great way to break into mystery shopping.