FREE paper at Staples

by Nicole on April 6, 2009

I got this great deal at my Staples this weekend – FREE paper!

Buy 8 reams of paper (paper must be item # 554638). In my store I didn’t see any where that particular paper was and when I asked, the manager just smiled and it was in a stack in front of the register marked $6.99 with a sign that there is a $5.99 rebate, making the paper $1.00 after rebate. The paper is marked down so low as they have new packaging for it and are trying to get rid of the old packages.

(FYI – this coupon has now expired. To see another option to get this paper for FREE (and make $10+ on the deal, check out my comment below). To sweeten the deal, use this Office Max coupon to get $10 off when you spend $50 (Staples accepts competitor coupons) and pay approximately $46.00 plus tax for the paper (8 reams at $6.99/ream less the $10 from the coupon) out of pocket. Submit the rebate online (or by mail if you like) and get back $47.92 making the paper FREE or very close to it! 8 reams of paper will last me a very long time!

1 Misti April 6, 2009 at 1:17 pm

nicole-how long will the rebate take?

2 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels April 6, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Misti: It says 4-6 weeks.

3 Anonymous April 6, 2009 at 7:24 pm

I went to Staples right after reading your blog and found the paper just fine. They would not accept the Office Depot coupon that your blog links to though because it didn’t have the header and footer on the paper and the mgr said that the coupon code was no good as it had been circulating on the internet. Even without the coupon, it’s a great deal and there is no limit to the rebate – per the mgr himself.

4 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels April 6, 2009 at 7:26 pm

I would guess it depends on the particular cashier as to whether or not this coupon is accepted. Mine didn’t so much as blink and there were no issues. If anyone else has issues, you can sign up with office max’s online newsletter ot create an account on officemax to get these kind of in-store coupons emailed directly to your inboxes!

5 ge April 6, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Our Staples would only allow 2 reams at a time so we weren’t able to use our Office Depot ($10 off when you spend $50)coupon that we got in the mail.

6 Stefani @ April 6, 2009 at 10:29 pm

What a deal for those in need of paper!

Stefani @ Mommy Enterprises

7 Kehlan's Grandma April 6, 2009 at 11:04 pm

The coupon expires 4/6/09 so at this point is a non-issue. Too bad the article was posted the same day the coupon expired.

8 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels April 7, 2009 at 3:45 am

GE: This is one where I would call Staples corporate because the rebate specifically states there is no limit on how many you can purchase and I'm not so convinced that individual store managers are able to arbitrarily limit your purchases. Up to you, of course, but that doesn't seem right to me unless Staples corporate has placed this limit which I hadn't heard about.

Kehlan's grandma: I try to do my best with these deals! For those interested in buying more paper (11 reams), there is a $25 off when you spend $75 staples coupon but you'll need to buy one for a nominal fee here (they are one time use only)- or on ebay – even paying $1.50 for the coupon (the one listing I clicked on was for this amount), you'd still be making $10.00+ if you did the deal this way (6.99 per ream by 11 reams = $76.89, less the $25 coupon = $51.89 with a rebate of $65.89 ($5.99 by 11). Another option for you all!

9 ge April 7, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Thanks for your reply Nicole. I agree with you. :)