Lightspeed Research

by Nicole on April 2, 2009

Lightspeed Research is another survey company that is FREE to join. Lightspeed sends me approximately 3 surveys per week (though this may depend on your specific demographic) and you are under no obligation to complete every survey.

You earn points by completing surveys and then redeem the points for prizes, including Amazon e-certificates. When you combine your Amazon e-certificates from Lightspeed Research with the ones you got from normal everyday web searches on Swagbucks you’ll find your Amazon account balance increasing every week!

Some of the other surveys companies already reviewed on this blog are Global Test Market, Survey Savvy, SayNation, Valued Opinions, American Consumer Opinion, Opinion Outpost , Zoompanel, Ipsos I-Say, HCD Surveys, and university-sponsored sites. Have you signed up for all of them?

1 Christina April 2, 2009 at 5:22 am

I use Lightspeed, and so far have cashed out once after only using it for a couple months. :)

2 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels April 2, 2009 at 5:30 am

Hi Christina! Thanks for commenting about your positive experience with Lightspeed!

3 Gertie April 3, 2009 at 5:19 am

I am a member of Lightspeed and have been one for about three months. Even though their surveys are rather long and you have to answer several question before they decide to make you ineligible, I can safely say that it’s worth it! I can have enough points to redeem for many things right now!

Thank you for these posts, I am always looking for more good survey panels to join!

4 Claudia July 21, 2009 at 10:32 am

Hey Nicole, I have been a memeber of lightspeed for over a year. At first they sent me surveys all the time and I did cash out with them. However, they have stopped sending me anything more. I have gone to the site and updated all my info, even though nothing had changed, and I still haven't received communication from them in months. They are not in my spam either. Any suggestions?

5 busy mom October 28, 2009 at 12:02 pm

I have been a member of light speed for a yr. maybe now. I really enjoy it and I have cashed out for about $25 in amazon egift cert. ( christmas $$)

6 carol March 7, 2010 at 11:34 am

Hi Nicole,
I started using Lightspeed ever since you did a feature on it on Hip2save but I’ve found every time I do a survey after a few questions they always tell me they have enough answers submitted already. This morning one was sent to me at 5 am and I did it at 8am and it still said the same thing. Is this common or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help, I love how helpful your site is!

7 nicolesnickels March 7, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Hi Carol: Yes, it’s totally normal, it has to do with demographics. Even though you just received a survey invite doesn’t mean the survey is brand new and they may be looking for certain people. If you’re not one of those people, they disqualify you. They may have already received enough responses from people that fit your demographic or else t’s not the demographic they are looking for. Hope that helps.