Nicole’s Saving Advantage – $25 Target giftcard

by Nicole on April 16, 2009

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS OFFER IS NOW FOR A $25 TARGET GIFTCARD AND A $25 STARBUCKS GIFTCARD BUT YOU MUST REMAIN A MEMBER PAST THE TRIAL PERIOD IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR THE GIFTCARDS

I found a new offer for a $25 Target giftcard that seems pretty straightforward to do. It is called Nicole’s Saving Advantage and says it will save you up to 90% on things you buy everyday.

It costs $1.95 to join (use prepaid card or virtual credit card number if you are worried about giving your credit card info.) and they will MAIL you the form to fill out to get the $25 Target giftcard. You fill it out and then MAIL it back. The trial is 30 days after which you will pay $9.95 per month.

I would advise to complete the paperwork for the giftcard right away since you have to rely on the mail for this one. If you are not a member at the time they go to process your giftcard they won’t send it to you so you have to stay a member to receive the $25 giftcard.

If you get the giftcard within the 30 day trial and then decide to cancel, you’ve only paid $1.95 and received a $25 giftcard. If you stay for the second month and decide to cancel, you’ve paid $11.90 and received a $25 giftcard. A third month and you’ve paid $21.85 but received a $25 giftcard. Remember, though, sometimes you can call a company and ask to have your trial extended to try out the service a little more before committing to full payment of a month.

I have heard of people receiving their giftcard within the first 30 days but many not until after the trial has expired and they have paid for their first month. This offer is not as quick as the previous giftcard offers I posted about here and you may have to stay a member to get your giftcard on this one, just a heads up.

As with all online offers, copy and paste the terms and conditions for your records, keep detailed receipts and records, and calendar the your trial expiration a few days prior to the actual expiration to give yourself a little time to decide if you want to cancel or keep the service.

1 meg April 16, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Nicole, Thank you for all of your tips! I did all of the other offers, received my gift cards, and Complete Home EXTENDED my membership for free(when I called to cancel) for another 3 months, AND they are reimbursing me $100 for gas and groceries. These are great!

2 Anonymous May 8, 2009 at 9:50 am

The Nicole Savings Advantage is a scam. You do not get the gift card until after the trial. They do not resond to your emails and BOTH phone numbers on their web site are invalid, they can not be reached! IT IS A SCAM. and NICOLE WILLIAMS IS A CONARTIST!

3 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels May 8, 2009 at 4:11 pm

Have you tried to email them? I hear that they respond to emails.

4 Anonymous June 1, 2009 at 9:14 am

i agree with anonymous, first of all , customer service sucks, thats why i have to cancelled mine today, and i have been trying to contact them 3x never got a response back,customer service is very poor. and besides her savings system is no different from any other savings i know. the only thing you can save money is not to spend, saves you 100% no buying.

5 Anonymous June 12, 2009 at 9:14 pm

THEY ARE A SCAM!! I cannot use the site to shop, all the OFFERS link you back to the signup page! I called THREE TIMES and they said someone would call me back but NOTHING!! THREE emails too and NOTHING!!! SCUMBAGS!!

6 Jill June 20, 2009 at 12:21 pm

I have had no success dealing with this company. I have called 4x, each time a person tells me that all CSR are busy. I have also e-mailed them 5x with questions, I never get a response.

I have told the people I get on the phone that if I am a paying customer and I have questions, I should at least be able to talk with someone about my questions. My calls and e-mails still go unanswered.

I'd love to hear if anyone is having luck with this company.
Thanks!

7 Anonymous June 21, 2009 at 10:23 pm

Jill, they are 100% scam. I tried to cancel my account, ask for a refund, they said it would be done and the card would be credited. Nothing in a week. I called back a few more times, now they tell me only a SERVICE REP could do that, not the lady who answers the phone, so she lied the first time. I said I want a service rep to call me back, they say ok, but never gotten a call. 10 calls so far, 10 emails, not one reply. They are crooks and there is no way to shop on their site. I never got my card or anything in the mail. Lucky I used a gift card to sign up and there is no $ left on it for them to charge me now.

I would file a complaint with the BBB but I cannot find them on there and have no idea who the hell to contact!

8 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels June 22, 2009 at 4:27 am

Since I posted this, I have received emails from readers thanking me for posting it, that they received their giftcards and were able to cancel without incident. Since the main poster here is always "anonymous" I have no way of knowing if it's the same person who keeps posting or not…

9 Sam June 22, 2009 at 7:24 am

Nicole, I have called them 10 times, each time I am told someone from sales will call me back to help me. Each time nobody calls back. I have emailed over and over, no responses. I asked to cancel my account and get a refund, the lady on the phone said she is doing it now and I would see that. When I called back in a few days the lady told me she cannot do the cancellation, but someone from sales has to and she would email them to call me back and cancel my account. Nothing. All I wanted was my $ back after nobody would return my calls about how the site actually works for shopping since none of the offer links actually went anywhere besides the signup page. Again, nobody helped.

I cannot even figure out who to file a complaint against at the BBB since I cannot even find them listed anywhere on that site. I checked Nicoles Savings Advantage, Nicole Williams, and nothing. This company is a scam, they seem to have one employee who answers the phones and promises calls back, but that is all.

10 Sam June 22, 2009 at 9:41 am

One more thing, today I got my welcome package. it had a CD in it. I loaded the CD, it just links you to their website that you still cannot use to shop because it has no links on any of the offers!! What a joke. I would call support AGAIN but I would just talk to the same lady and get promised a return call which will never happen.

11 Sam June 23, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Ok, so I am yet to be able to do anything with this membership. I got the package, there is NO way to do anything! They say you can shop off the website, but you can't. There are no links to the online retailers to save the % they say on the offers page. Just links to the nicolescamwilliams signup page. Over and over. I cancelled a week ago but of course never got a confirmation or credit like she said. I called again today, talked to the same lady, and cancelled again. We shall see. So far it is 100% SCAM, you pay a monthly fee and so far I cannot find ANYTHING to use it on!!

If someone can show me how it works, please email me at millersam666@gmail.com. I am very computer savvy and am pretty sure this is just a scam.

12 Sam July 5, 2009 at 9:52 pm

FYI I never got my $25 Target card either. AND my account is STILL not cancelled and I never got a refund. Someone needs to find this Nicole lady and break her legs.

13 Anonymous July 9, 2009 at 11:57 pm

Same thing here. I signed up in April, cancelled after 3 weeks, keep getting responses to my emails saying that I will get the giftcard no matter what my standing is with the company and I will not be charged anything. I don't see any charges on my credit card from them. What name do they use on your credit card? I wrote them a letter this week but after reading this I can see I will get no where. What a scam! Libby

14 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 12, 2009 at 7:39 pm

I emailed customer service and now have a contact person so for those of you having issues, please send me a detailed email (nicolesnickels@gmail.com), including your name, date you signed up, date you cancelled (or tried to cancel), the status of your account, and what kind of assistance you need. I will work with you and customer service to try to get the issues resolved. Thanks!

15 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 13, 2009 at 4:29 pm

I received a comment today from someone named "Paulo" and it may be the first commented I have rejected. I refuse to post any comments with profanities in them and the comment would have been had it not included the last two choice words Paulo had for Nicole's Saving Advantage. So, Paulo, if you're reading this my blog is family friendly so I didn't publish your comment – please email me (nicolesnickels@gmail.com) and explain to me the exact situation and I will try to help you with customer service – that is, if you keep the profanity to yourself!

16 esha July 19, 2009 at 10:10 pm

I would have to agree with everyone else. I think this is a hit and miss thing. I signed up and never received my gift card, better yet they don't even have a record of my account. However, my friend signed up and and received her gift card with no problem. So good luck to those that are willing to try it.

17 Hallie_Homemaker July 19, 2009 at 11:08 pm

I agree with all these people. This company is a scam. I recieved nothing. They claim that because I didnt do the full 30 days that I will not recieve a giftcard. I didn't see anywhere in there terms and conditions that I HAD to stay with them a full 30 days. If they didnt intend on fufilling their offer then why was I sent a postcard for redemption?…. SCAM

18 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 20, 2009 at 4:28 am

Please, please, please send me an email with all of your information (date signed up, date cancelled or tried to cancel, why you are not satisfied) and I will let customer service know. I now email with them regularly to resolve my reader's complaints but unless you guys email me with the info I can't help!

19 Anonymous July 20, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Well I signed up for Nicole's on April 18 and cancelled after about 3 1/2 weeks. Never purchased anything and so far there are no charges from them on my charge card. I had given up on receiving the $25.00 giftcard from Target after many emails to them and phone calls. Also wrote them a letter. Well today I actually received the giftcard. I called right away to verify that it was legitimate and it was. It took a little more than 3 months to get here. Don't know if writing a letter to them helped or if this is just how long it takes. I'm glad to receive it even though I had given up on them as conartists.

20 Connie July 23, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Hi Nicole,
Just wanted to know what the customer service reps have told you in regards to this offer? I signed up through a link at a different blog and did not see anything about having to stay a member after the trial period to redeem your gift cards. I wish I would have seen your post on it, but I already cancelled my membership. I really didn't feel that the monthly cost was worth the service. On a whim I came to your site to see if you had any info on this company and I found your post here. Too little, too late. Well, I am alittle upset with Nicoles Savings Advantage because I feel that their advertisement for the free gift cards are misleading. It clearly stated when I signed up, "Get a free $25 Target card when you sign up! And, if you sign up now: Get a BONUS $25 Starbucks gift card." It even said on the sign up page receive all this for just $2.95 shipping and handling! I just feel like their approach was very misleading and I would love to know what they have said to you in regards to this offer! Thanks for all of your great info!

21 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 23, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Hi Connie: Can you email me (nicolesnickels@gmail.com) with the details – when you signed up, when you cancelled, did you get the welcome pack and the form for the giftcards, etc. I can email customer service to say you didn't receive the giftcards and are dissatisfied and see how they respond. They have been very responsive to my emails and I know that their T&C do not say you have to be a member to get the giftcards. Email me with the information and I will see what I can do.

22 Courtney E July 24, 2009 at 8:44 am

I also recently signed up and cancelled my trial membership 3 days before it was due to expire and they still charged me for the first month, then refused to answer my emails asking for a refund. I eventually got a hold of someone who backed out the charge and when I asked about the gift cards they told me I wasn't eligible because I cancelled before the trial membership was over! Give me a break. I've signed up for plenty of these types of offers and this one is by far the least legitimate.

23 Tanisha July 24, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Yeah that company is definitely a joke. I joined on June 1st through another blog and I read the T&C thoroughly. There was nothing about remaining a member. I've also read comments from people who have emailed/called customer service and were told by them that they would still receive the gift cards even if they canceled during the trial. I canceled just before the trial was up to avoid getting billed. But when I never received the gift card form from them after a few weeks I emailed them and was told that I wasn't eligible for them since I canceled during the trial. NOW they have a clause in the terms that states you have to become a full paying member after the trial to receive promotional gifts. It didn't say that when I joined. They just got overwhelmed by all the new members. I've seen this offer on tons of blogs. So I think they got in over their heads. But that's no reason to get shady and try to switch it up on people. Stop doing the promotion. But don't cheat the people who already signed up.

24 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 24, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Tanisha: Please send me your information – when you signed up, when you cancelled, etc and I will get with customer service to see if they will honor their t&c as written when you signed up.

25 Anonymous July 25, 2009 at 7:36 am

On a side note, has anyone who signed up for their service actually been able to use the site to do anything beneficial for shopping? I see all these great offers they have for savings, but I was never able to use them as there were no links that did anything besides go to the signup page.

26 Anonymous July 31, 2009 at 1:43 pm

I have had them same problems. We should all file complantes with the Fedrial Trade Commision (https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/) and the Better Buisness Bureau (http://www.bbb.org/us/). Also contact your credit card company and have them put it as a fraudulant charge. This should all put some well deserved heat on the fake company.

27 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 31, 2009 at 4:08 pm

Dear Anonymous: As I have written several times in these comments, please either post on here or email me your SPECIFIC complaints including date you signed up, date you cancelled, etc. I am trying to help but if you don't provide the info I can't!

28 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 31, 2009 at 4:28 pm

I have been emailing back and forth with customer service. Their terms and conditions changed as of May 19 and now say that any promotional offers are only valid once you have moved past your trial membership. That means, if you pay the first month of membership ($9.99) you'll get the $50 in giftcards.

29 Sarah and John Root August 2, 2009 at 1:22 pm

Hi Nicole,
I'm hoping there may be some way you can help…

I signed up for this offer on June 29, 2009 and was promptly charged the $2.95 trial fee. I received a welcome package in the mail which contained a welcome letter, membership card, and CD. I've never received a card to request my two $25 gift cards, which is what the promotion was for when I signed up.

Furthermore, I called to cancel my membership on July 24, but never received the email confirmation they said I would receive. I called again on July 25 and the same thing happened- I got lip service. I was then charged $9.95 on July 31. I called today, August 2 to again cancel and ask for a refund. At this point I don't really care about the refund as long as they hold their end of the bargain and send my giftcards, but I am concerned about my membership being cancelled as of August 1, 2009. I want it cancelled so I am not continuously charged $9.95 each additional month. I am going to call my bank on Monday, August 3 and report this company as fraudulent so in case they won't let me cancel and keep charging me I won't be charged any more than the $9.95 on July 31.

Bottom line:
*I signed up June 29, 2009
*I called to cancel July 24 & 25
*I was charged $9.95 July 31
*I want my membership cancelled as of August 1, 2009
*I would like my $25 Target and $25 Starbucks card for being charged $9.95 after my trial period (Trial ended on July 28)

Any help/assistance you could give would be fabulous!! Thanks :).

30 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels August 2, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Dear Sarah and John Root: Yes, of course, I can contact customer service. You should receive the giftcards if you have paid for the first month of membership (despite trying to cancel). I'm going to need your name and the email address you used to sign up in order to email them the information, otherwise they won't know who I am talking about! Your email address is not public on your blogger profile so if you could just email me directly at nicolesnickels@gmail.com with the information I will email them as soon as I receive your email with the requested information. Thanks.

31 Anonymous August 6, 2009 at 1:15 pm

This is a fraudulent company. Just google "Nicole's Savings Advantage Fraud" to see many stories like the ones in the comments. My own experience: i received a "Membership Kit" from Nicole's Savings Advantage, but had never ordered it (I'd never even heard of the company before). During this same period I was receiving Acai Weight loss pills, acne cream, Colon Cleansing pills– nothing that I had ever ordered. But when I looked at my credit card statement I found that they had all charged my CC big bucks. So apparently all these companies had bought my CC number from the same seller and were going to town.

I immediately canceled my credit card and informed my bank about the fraud. I wouldn't waste your time trying to get a hold of the company or getting your money back– just cancel your card.

32 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels August 7, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Dear "Anonymous" – It sounds like either someone stole your credit card and identity and signed you up for all those things OR you signed up for them without realizing. Sometimes the terms and conditions of an offer say that by agreeing to them you will also be signed up for X, Y and Z. I would suggest calling/emailing the companies to find out howthey received your information upon sign-up. They will know the details.

33 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels August 14, 2009 at 12:51 pm

PLEASE READ:

I've been getting a lot of emails from people insisting that they are eligible for the giftcards if they cancel within the 30 days. The terms and conditions for this offer changed in May and so anyone who signed up after May MUST stay a member past the trial period in order to get the giftcards. This is clear in the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you signed up. You could pay the first month ($9.93) and that in addition to the $2.95 for the trial is still not a bad deal for $50 in giftcards.

I'll continue to assist people who have been wrongfully charged by Nicole's Saving Advantage after calling or emailing to cancel. If you just tried to cancel, please don't ask me to contact them. If you get charged after cancelling, then let me know!

Thanks everyone, for your understanding!

34 Channing August 24, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Someone fraudulently used my debit card (now cancelled, of course!!) to join this "club," along with several other random purchases. I need to contact Nicole's Savings Advantage to make sure they take me off any type of renewal or e-mail list they may have. However, I cannot find a phone number on their site. And the "Contact Us" section requires that you enter a member e-mail address. Well, I have not idea, as I am not actually a member and do not wish to give out my e-mail or any other contact information, especially if they are a scam. How do I contact them??

35 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels August 24, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Their number is 1-888-779-6757 – found in the terms and conditions on their site. I imagine you may have to give them some contact information if you are looking for fraud assistance from them.

36 SMM8169 September 4, 2009 at 7:07 am

I signed up for the Nicoles Savings Advantage and received 2 $25 gift cards. I went over the info i received but decided it wasnt for me. so before the 30 day trial ended i cancelled, which was the 1st week of July. I have since been charged $31.73. the first charge was for $11.87, which is over the membership fee, the 2nd charge was 6 days later for $9.93. and the 3rd charge was in august for $9.93. I have called these people 4 times total. Each time, i was told that i would be refunded. I called today (9-4-09) and i was told they dont issue refunds. if ANYONE calls to cancel, make sure you get a cancellation number. i told them i couldnt believe NO ONE put this stuff on file. they said there was no info, but when i mentioned i had a cancellation number, they then said 'oh yea, i do see it here'.

also, if you have cancelled, make sure you keep an eye on your bank accounts! BUYER BEWARE!

37 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 4, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Dear SMM8169: I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience. I'm a little confused about why you kept on calling if you were still having problems. Having a written record is always the best way to go with issues like what you are discussing and so I recommend emailing as you then have proof. If your issue hasn't been resolved and you would like me to intervene and email them on your behalf so the proper refunds can be issued, please send me an email with the email address you used to sign up, your name and any additional information and I will be glad to assist.

38 biggreenones October 9, 2009 at 11:24 am

I was notified by my bank about unusual activity on my debit card re Nicole's. They evidently have the sight flagged. THe first month I verified with the bank that I had indeed signed up, so the charge was valid. I hadnt yet tried to use the site. They notified me again THIS month. So I did a Google search and found your site, read the comments and realized that I had not rec'd the cards promised or the ezine…and decided to cancel. I used the # you provided, and even tho I was placed on hold for quite a long time, I spoke to a supervisor named Ashley who provided me with a cancellation number and a refund for the 2 months charges w/o any hassle. I was told I would see it in three business days. Will update then.