follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter
follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter
follow Nicole's Nickels on Pinterest
follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter
follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter

Corporate Research International

by Nicole on May 27, 2009

Corporate Research International is a mystery shopping company that I have completed several shops with. They have many of the quick shops such as gas stations and pizza shops. They pay extremely fast for the industry and I have found that their editors are not overly picky like some other companies. It’s of course FREE to sign up and you are under no obligation to complete any shops. Sign up today to see what’s available in your area!

For more information about mystery shopping, please read my earlier post here. To read more about the other mystery shopping companies I have recommended, please read this post.

1 Business Mommy May 27, 2009 at 10:13 pm

This company has TONS of interesting shops available in my location!!! At least right now. I’m pretty excited. Thanks for the tip.

2 Anonymous May 28, 2009 at 7:24 am

I don’t know if I had different editors I guess, but they were so picky. I performed about 20 pizza shops late last year, early this year and was only paid for about 10. First mistake ok, second mistake, I’ll do better. There was nothing wrong with the next ones. Once I did 2 shops in one day, took pictures of each pizza, same exact spot, just minutes apart, one went through, one didn’t. The only difference was one pizza was pepperoni which made the photo look slightly yellow due to all the grease, they rejected. The pizza with sausage went through no problem. They won’t allow you to use coupons, so if you don’t take the picture perfectly, they throw it out, you lose money. I won’t do anymore shops for them. If you do pizza shops, stick with sausage so it won’t come back as yellow. If the pizza is cut off a millimeter, they reject it.

3 Business Mommy May 28, 2009 at 8:54 am

Yuck. That’s a bummer. I’ve already signed up for two with photos. I won’t sign up for anymore that require photos until I see how they work out. I’ve not done any with photos before, so I wanted to try it. But it does make me a bit nervous. How can you be discreet when you’re sitting there holding a camera up to your face? Luckily with these it shouldn’t be too bad. They specified how to time it.

I’m bummed. I overslept and missed a shop for Market Force this morning. Today was the only day I could do it. I sent an email as soon as I woke up. I looked at the clock and muttered a couple choice words then fired up the computer. I wonder how much it will affect my rating. I’ve already done one shop with them, and already have another scheduled, so I hope I can make it up well enough to still get other shops.

4 Anonymous July 11, 2009 at 12:18 pm

There are hundreds of mystery shopping companies out there, and I am signed up with the majority of them. I have been a mystery shopper for 5 years now, and I have learned from experience which shops I should pass on because the time involved and gas money spent driving there are not worth the compensation. I can tell you that Corporate Research International is one company to avoid. They ARE picky and the pay is laughable.

5 Nichole November 18, 2009 at 5:58 am

I just signed up for this company and after reading these notes I am leary. I will definately not take assignments with pictures and will look at the requirements before accepting. I have noticed that soome of these companies want you to write a paper about your experience and sometimes it’s just too much. I did one for a smoothie shop and you would have thought I was trying to get my Master’s!! They rejected it 2 times before it was finally accepted. I am not taking anymore shops with that company.

6 nicolesnickels November 18, 2009 at 6:06 am

Nichole: I haven’t had a problem with this company. If you read shop assignments carefully and follow instructions perfectly you won’t ever have any problems. If you’re getting shop reports sent back to you, follow up with the editor to make sure you don’t make the same mistake twice. Most of the higher paying shops have the most detailed reports so it’s worth it!