FREE chocolate every Friday through September!

by Nicole on May 7, 2009

UPDATE: I was just able to go on (at 6:15 pm) and qualified for a coupon for a FREE chocoloate bar. Apparently the deal is not first come, first served every Friday, rather they award the FREE coupons throughout the day! If you couldn’t get on the site earlier, try again!

Mars has unveiled the Chocolate Relief Act and generously decided to release 250,000 coupons each week for FREE chocolate! All you need to do is log on to every Friday morning from 9:00 a.m. Eastern time until 11:59 p.m. Eastern time and be one of the first 250,000. You’ll receive a coupon for a FREE full-size of your favorite Mars candy in the mail!

The press release says “Now through September, Mars will give away as many as seven million full-size packages of its M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, MILKY WAY®, TWIX®, DOVE®, and 3 MUSKETEERS® brand chocolate in the United States”. That’s a lot of chocolate!

If you go to now you can register and they will email you a reminder each Friday. Mars’ campaign stresses that their chocolate bars are real milk chocolate and not chocolate candy like some of their competitors. There was also a coupon in today’s USA Today for a FREE chocolate bar to kick-off this campaign. For more information, you can read their press release here.

1 Michelle May 8, 2009 at 7:06 am

I can’t get the link to work : (

2 vickie johnston May 8, 2009 at 7:40 am

there is something wrong with this link…. i only can get as far as register….. :(

3 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels May 8, 2009 at 4:07 pm

I don’t think the link was the problem – the site was overloaded and wasn’t loading properly. Was anyone able to get one of these coupons? I can’t do it from work so I won’t be able to join in on this one!

4 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels May 8, 2009 at 4:27 pm

I just went on and was able to register and I got a coupon! It said I was one of the 250,000 and I got an email saying my coupon would be mailed to me. I guess that they choose the 250,000 at random throughout the day and it’s not first come, first served! I’ll update the post accordingly.

5 Chels May 22, 2009 at 10:21 am

This is what I read in the terms and conditions:

“If more than 250,000 eligible individuals per Friday submit Registration Information, then only 250,000 Coupons per Friday will be awarded and only the first 250,000 registered eligible individuals who submit their complete and correct Registration Information within the five (5) minute limit described above will receive Coupons.”

“Limit: one (1) Coupon per email address per Friday and four (4) Coupons per household during the Offer Period.”

So I’m not quite sure that your update is completely accurate. Maybe you just got lucky and 250,000 people hadn’t tried before 6 pm. Thanks for the great links and information!

6 Anonymous May 22, 2009 at 8:35 pm

HI: 3 weeks ago I signed up, I have YET to get e-mail reminding me of my free choolate

7 Anonymous June 5, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Each week I was under the impression I would ge "reminder" well so far I have not received one & was told in 6 weeks I'll get a coupon for 1 candy bar. I thought it wassupposed to be every Friday thru Sept. This is nonsense

8 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels June 6, 2009 at 4:55 am

I'm sorry you haven't been getting a reminder email. I do post a reminder in my Friday freebies post every Friday morning. I already received 2 coupons in the mail and yesterday received my 4th approval. You just need to log on every Friday and register, it only takes a few minutes and you'll be told if you're one of the lucky ones right then. Like I said, I have already received 2 coupons so it's definitely not nonsense!