Nielsen Homescan Panel

by Nicole on June 8, 2009

It’s FREE to join the Nielsen Homescan Panel where you scan your purchases each week to earn money and prizes!

Once you sign up they will send you a scanner with instructions. It’s then up to you to scan your purchases each week. The scanner will transmit the purchases to Nielsen via your computer. The scanner is easy-to-use and comes with detailed instructions on how to set up and use. Scan your purchases and receive points good towards money and prizes! They also periodically have surveys for points as well as special bonuses and offers where you can earn more points.

1 Stephanie June 8, 2009 at 6:35 am

aww. they had too much of my demographic. this sounded kinda fun. :(

2 Sweet Serendipity June 8, 2009 at 7:56 pm

I tried this, but had to transmit the info over a phone line and always got an error message. I shop for a family of 5 and found it to be quite tedious to scan every single item especially after a big grocery shop. They really want you to scan every thing anyone in the house buys, whether a pack of gum, a Starbucks coffee, any where you shop. And you have to transmit once a week, the same day each week.

There are some decent rewards, but I gave up on the whole process before I had enough to redeem my points for anything. I am not trying to discourage anyone. If you are interested you should give it a try. I just thought I'd offer a little more info into the program.

3 Kat June 8, 2009 at 8:14 pm

I have/am trying this as well.

I've had some problems with phone line error messages, but usually it can be resubmitted and it goes through.

You have to submit once a week (before Saturday midnight) but I've done the submission at different times during the week – depending on transmission errors. so long as it goes through before Saturday midnight – allis good.

Right now I seem to do smaller trips so its not too tedious to scan, as well as using "frequeent shopper" card so I don't have to put in all the prices (though warehouse majors – BJ or Costcos need to be entered) which helps.

Its only be a few months so hopefully it will continue to be relatively "easy"

4 Texas Coupon Cutie June 9, 2009 at 2:40 pm

I keep trying to sign up and the pages are not loading correctly. Does anyone have a phone number for them? Thanks!

5 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels June 9, 2009 at 4:12 pm