July Online Offers

by Nicole on July 24, 2009

For those of you who are new to my blog, you may have skipped over the online offers section – I admit, I was scared in the beginning too! It’s not a complicated process to complete an online offer successfully but you do have to be detail-oriented and have good follow-up skills. I have posted extensive directions on how to complete these offers.

Please, please, please, I am begging you to read the previous posts (here, here, and here) I have written about these offers very carefully – also read the comments left on those posts as those serve kind of as “frequently asked questions” that I respond to as well. If you have any questions, email or leave a comment.

I just finished another $500 Visa giftcard offer. I started it on July 8 and completed the 8 required offers. I had to do 2 replacement offers on July 19 and then they approved on July 20. I printed and mailed my redemption certificate on July 20 and am now waiting for my status to go to processed and to receive my giftcard. Is this a foreign language to you? If so, make sure to read the instructions post and it will all become clear.

It is very possible to be successful with these offers! Remember, you can only earn $1,000 in prizes fro each Ideal sub-company (i.e. Bullseye, 123, etc.) so choose wisely!

$100 in cosmetics

$100 Home Depot giftcard
$100 Bath and Body Works giftcard
$100 Victoria’s Secret giftcard
$100 to Dollar Tree or Dollar General

Jasper Marketing
$250 giftcards – Olive Garden or Red Lobster
$500 giftcards – Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Chilis, TGI Fridays, Pizza Hut, Outback

It may be possible for me to find other offers so if there is another prize you are looking for, just let me know!

1 WriterGrrl July 24, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Hey Nicole, I just discovered and read your whole series on this. What about the MacBook offers? Any word on whether those are legit?

2 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 24, 2009 at 1:58 pm

WriterGrrl: You would have to provide me with direct links to the offer before I could comment on legitmacy. Usually with the bigger offers like computers you have to refer additional users who have to complete all of the requirements as well. I stay clear of these as the circle has to end somewhere – I'd rather just rely on myself. Send me the specific links you are looking at it and I'll give you my opinion.

3 WriterGrrl July 24, 2009 at 2:33 pm
4 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 24, 2009 at 2:38 pm

WriterGrrl: Those are NOT Ideal sites so I can't comment on them. I can't say that they are legit or what the steps are for getting these prizes. Unless you get verification from someone you trust that they are legitimate offers I would stay away!

5 Katie and Victor July 24, 2009 at 11:06 pm

Ok, so I have read through everything and I am very interested. I just have a couple of questions. So I sign up for the right amount of offers. Then do I cancel them before the trial period is over? I dont really understand how it gets approved to get the $500 in gift cards. Do I sign up all of them on one day and then make a list like you said and cancel?

6 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 25, 2009 at 4:23 am

Dear Katie and Victor: Yes, you sign up for the right amount of offers – you do them all in 1 sitting. I can't really talk about cancelling, the companies want you to stay a member but obviously allow you to cancel if you need to. Each offer will approve on the 1 site that you completed them on – so if you do a $500 giftcard offer – you'll see all the offers pending when you do "check gift status" – they'll approve by category and the status will change to "approved". It's common for not all of the ones you did to credit and to have to do 1-3 replacement offers. If you get to day 13 or 14 and you don't have all credited, you'll need to do the replacement offers. They credit quickly though. Let me know if you have any other questions.

7 Anonymous July 25, 2009 at 12:56 pm

hi nicole i love your site. i just wanted to know what type of sites do you purchase for the 500 dollar visa card so i can get an idea on what i have to do. And after i do the 500 visa card what other company can i do thats not connected with top notch? because i know that you can only do 2 in one year with one company. thanks

8 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 25, 2009 at 1:20 pm

If you go to the page for the prize you are considering, at the bottom in their program requirements there are links to the silver, gold and platinum offers that you can check out there for a better idea of what kind of offers they have.

Top Notch is a sub-company of Ideal. You are only allowed to earn $1,000 from each sub-company per 6 month period. That means, that you can earn $1,000 in prizes from Top Notch (it wouldn't necessarily be just 2 offers unless you did 2 for $500 each), but you could also do $1,000 from 123 Click, $1,000 from Bullsye, etc. All of the links I provide in my posts are for Ideal sub-companies. Does that make sense? Your statement in your comment is incorrect so I want to make sure you understand. Please leave another comment or send me an email if you still have questions.

9 Anonymous July 25, 2009 at 3:55 pm

hi nicole i understand about the requirements and the links because i've gone on them without doing anything. I just wanted to see your examples of what you choose to do so hopefully it would work for me.
now i understand that all those other companies are sub companies of ideal. but when you say $1,000 per six months do you mean i could do say 2 500 visa cards in a six month period. please send me examples in case you think i'm not understanding you correctly. thanks

10 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 25, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Dear Anonymous: I won't post the specific offers I did as it's not appropriate for me to do so. Ideal could consider it as me promoting certain offers and I won't risk them disqualifying me from future offers which would be their prereogative. I have not had a problem with any of the ones I have done (20 small offers in total) and my co-workers have also done several offers each without problems. There are no "magic" offers or secret way to get this to work. You just need to read the terms and conditions of the offers you sign up for very carefully, keep them, and follow instructions.

You can do 2 $500 visa cards from top notch, 2 $500 visa cards from bullseye, 2 $500 visa cards from 123 click, etc – all within a 6 month period. The $1,000 limit is per sub-company of Ideal. Just know that you can't duplicate offers from the same parent company (this requires research on your part) within the same offer and you can't repeat the exact same offers among the different Ideal offers you do.

11 Anonymous July 25, 2009 at 4:39 pm

thank you so much for answering my questions. i have read your posts and i just wanted to understand everything a little better. Ever since i had my surprise baby at 41 i think part of my brain came out with my baby. It takes me a little longer to understand since that time. I understand that you can't tell me what companies you choose. i'm sorry if asking made you uncomfortable you have been a great help. But i have one more question. When i do each offer from the different sub companies, do i have to pick totaly different item to purchase per each offer or can some of the purchases be repeated to qualify for the offer.
i hope i'm not being to confusing and i'm explaining myself correctly. Buy the way my name is josephine and i'm from ny. Thanks

12 Anonymous July 25, 2009 at 4:44 pm

nicole i have another question for you i own a two family house with my sister-in-law. can she do her own offer, or is it one per home address. because obviously we both have the same address . thanks josephine

13 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 25, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Josephine: It goes per address so she won't be able to do it too. I'm confused about your other question. If you are going to do offer X as part of the $500 giftcard offer and Y is related to it (meaning owned by same company, not a similar offer) then you can't do Y and you also can't do X more than once. Does that answer your question? If not, let me know.

14 Anonymous July 25, 2009 at 7:59 pm

nicole what i mean is that if i do x offer with one company and y with another does it matter if for both offers the silver, gold etc. have the same trial purchases and if they are purhased twice does it matter or does each offer purchase have to be different. thanks josephine

15 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 26, 2009 at 5:01 am

Josephine: I don't understand what you are asking. You cannot do the exact same offer more than once. So if you want to do say, Netflix for a $500 Visa giftcard with Bullseye and also Netflix for a $500 Visa giftcard with Top Notch then NO. You cannot repeat offers until 6 months have passed and even after the 6 months have passed many companies will not let you sign up for their services again. Does that answer the question? Also, I recommend doing one offer at a time – wait until you get the first $500 giftcard and then do it again, it is very confusing to have more than one prize going at the same time.

16 Anonymous July 26, 2009 at 8:21 am

thanks nicole you did answer my question sorry for the confusion. i do plan on doing the offers one at a time so i can get use to the way it is done. josephine

17 WriterGrrl July 29, 2009 at 11:18 am

Just wanted to thank you again and let you know that I started the process on Sunday for the $500 Visa GC. Monday my silvers were already approved, so now the waiting game begins for the rest…. Thanks for your help! Do you know of any forums where I can see other people doing the same offer?

18 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 29, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Hi WriterGrrl: I don't know of any forums where people talk about the offers they are doing. I'm always here for questions and Carrie over at Money Saving Methods has extensive comments like questions and answers on her blog on the topic. Congrats on the silvers approving, the golds will be close behind!

19 Abbi July 30, 2009 at 9:41 am

Golds were approved this morning!! :)

20 Nancy July 30, 2009 at 7:51 pm

I'm a little fuzzy about potentially repeating offers within the same parent company…if I already did a Market Lab offer, and now I want to try a Top Notch offer, will I still need to worry about not duplicating sub-companies trials within the same parent company? Thanks. (not sure my question makes sense?)

21 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels July 30, 2009 at 7:56 pm

Hi Nancy: I understand your question. Word on the street is you have nothing to worry about but I can't guarantee it since the terms and conditions don't expressly say yes or no.

22 Short On Cents August 11, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Started my first online offer thanks to money saving methods on May 31st and received my first $500 gift card today 8/11

23 WriterGrrl August 18, 2009 at 7:37 am

Hey, Nicole, here's a question for you — I completed all my offers (everything approved, didn't have to repeat any!), and I mailed my stuff with delivery confirmation on August 5. On August 7, it updated to

Arrival at Pick-Up-Point PHILADELPHIA PA 19103 08/07/09 10:00am

And that's it.

Now, nothing. And my status hasn't changed at the site. Any ideas? Recommendations? What would you do?

24 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels August 18, 2009 at 4:26 pm

Dear WriterGrrl: That is completely normal. Give them 14 days from the arrival at pick-up point (so on August 21) and if your status hasn't changed to processed when you log in under check gift status then send them an email and include your tracking number. You'll get a response that it can take 30 days to process but you'll likely see it change to processe a few days after you email. Hope that helps.

25 WriterGrrl August 19, 2009 at 7:24 am

Thanks, Nicole! You're super. :-)

26 Ingrid August 31, 2009 at 7:59 am

Thanks for sharing this Nicole! I have a quick question – do you know how long these deals last before they expire? I had wanted to do one of the $500 Visa gift card ones, but won't be able to do it until 9/4 (when we have $$ LOL). Do you think that will be too late? Do these deals sometimes expire while you are still working on them, even if you are within the 60 day limit? Thanks for your help!

27 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels August 31, 2009 at 5:10 pm

Hi Ingrid: Sometimes deals do change and/or expire. If they change while you are in the middle of the offer you can email customer service and they will adjust the terms to the way they were when you signed up which is what happened with the Wii/Wii Fit offer I did at first. The good news is I am posting a new online offers post this week with the newest offers so you won't have any problems. Hope that helps.

28 Ingrid August 31, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Nicole! That helps a great deal. I look forward to your new post. :)