Coyle Hospitality

by Nicole on August 5, 2009

Coyle Hospitality is the “creme de la creme” of mystery shopping companies. Their application is 5 screens and asks a lot of questions but don’t let this deter you! They focus on fine dining restaurants, high-end hotels and luxurious spas. These aren’t your $5 gas station shops!

That being said, they want people who are comfortable in these kinds of situations. Their reports are legendary in the mystery shopping world as being very comprehensive but the reimbursement amounts are accordingly high and the shops very desirable.

I’ve applied twice now to be a shopper with Coyle and haven’t heard back from them. I haven’t been denied, I just haven’t been accepted. Maybe if they are reading this, they will decide to accept me and let me show them my mystery shopping prowess! You can fill out an application to Coyle here.

As always, it’s FREE to sign up to be a mystery shopper for any of the companies I blog about. You can read more about the mystery shopping companies I blog about here. Please read my Mystery Shopping 101 post for more information.

1 Cheapo Groovo August 5, 2009 at 7:08 am

hoity toity types in other words

2 Business Mommy August 5, 2009 at 10:29 am

You don't have to be hoity toity to enjoy nice things. A good night at a nice restaurant and the opera is wonderful. The trick to dealing with snobby waiters and waitresses is just to feel comfortable in your own skin.

3 dawn August 8, 2009 at 7:30 pm

I have always wanted to investigate becoming a mystery shopper, but didnt know how…thanks!
when you register for mystery shopper companies, do you use your regular email, or so you have a separate one set up for that?
I have heard that you should have a totally separate one for applying for "offers/prizes" due to the spam usually sent, but not sure about this.

4 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels August 9, 2009 at 5:43 am

Hi Dawn! I don't get any spam from mystery shopping and use the same email address for mystery shopping that I do for surveys and get NO SPAM there – yay! For online offers I use a separate account because I do get spam from those.

5 Katie and Victor August 13, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Thank you so much!!! I got in! I applied about a week ago and I just got an email!!!

6 Jennifer August 16, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Hi Nicole! After reading your post I applied and was accepted! Thanks for the information!

7 Jamie September 3, 2009 at 2:23 pm

I just got accepted today, I am very excited… thanks for the information

8 Farrah November 18, 2009 at 5:54 pm

Thank you for the information. I applied last night and just received an email that I was accepted! I am looking forward to this opportunity. Thank you for taking the time to give us descriptions on all the mystery shopping companies you enjoy!

9 Nichole December 6, 2009 at 2:27 am

Nicole, first of all I want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

10 Nichole December 6, 2009 at 2:30 am

I applied for this company approximately 2 weeks ago. I have already completed 2 assigments for them. The first one was a Tex Mex restaurant that provided reimbursement up to $60. The one I did last night was a upscale restaurant that provided reimbursement of $145. Not only was the food wonderful, the chef is a reowned chef with her own TV show and I got to meet her personally as she visited all the tables. Again, Nicole, I cannot say thank you enough. Also, I absolutely love your name!!!! :)

11 Tom July 18, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Working with Coyle is similar to going to the Dentist….You have no idea what is happening until they tell you….and then it is painful…all after the fact.

Check your paypal payment for accuracy…it too is painful…

Just frustrating…all in all…and “painful”

I do many many mystery shops each year and working with Coyle is truly….like going to the Dentist.

12 Theresa Garcia August 5, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I just signed up this year and was accepted. I have done several restaurant shops. I want to do phone shops but none so far. They have great customer service but I find them to be too picky and a little unclear on their expectations for a low reimbursement rate. On my first shop I spent 10 hours writing it up for a 15 dollar pay rate. On the plus side they do give you fantastic feedback though so you can improve. I can’t invest that much time in a second job so I am guessing it just won’t work for me that often. However, you should try it if you have a lot of extra time on your hands. If you like to eat well and don’t mind food reimbursement considered as income then you should definitely go for it. My advice is to bring a very observant friend if allowe, and give them very specific jobs to do. The details they want are extensive. The brain can not hold all that information in memory. I also am interested to see what the new venue options will be. I hope they include live music or theater visits. That might work for me. I have other companies I am with that offer shorter shops that go faster. That works better for me. I am not trying to discourage you just letting you know they demand a lot and are very picky on writing style. Good luck!

13 Eddy August 23, 2013 at 9:03 pm

I agree with Tom and Theresa. I have done a couple of assignments, and spent up to 9 hours doing their reports. Their training isn’t very good. They send the reports back up to 3 times asking for info you already sent. Don’t know where you got the idea that they pay a lot? Most reports are only $15 for 9 hours of writing. Not worth my time. By the way, I am college educated with a Master’s Degree. I know how to write, yet they are over the top with their pickiness!