counter for blogspot $25 certificates potentially for FREE

by Nicole on August 11, 2009

The $25 gift certificates that are potentially a moneymaker for you are back early this month! Each month, participating restaurants allow a certain amount of certificates to be sold so the earlier in the month, the more likely there are certificates available for your favorite restaurant!

They are on sale right now for just $2 which is 80% off – you’ll need to use the code PORTION to get this price. This code is valid through August 13, 2009.

For extra savings, log on through Mr Rebates and get 25% cash back on your purchase, making them just $1.75 each! If you’re new to Mr. Rebates you’ll get $5 just for signing up! That means, if you’re new to Mr. Rebates you’ll actually make $3.50 on the deal – not bad!

Some tips on the certificates:
1. You print them right from the site so no waiting for them to come in the mail.
2. Read carefully for restrictions on use (i.e. no weekends, minimum purchase, etc.)
3. Check out the restaurant’s menu online – sometimes it makes sense to buy mutliple certificates
4. Think about birthday, teacher, and anniversary gifts as well “just because” gifts.

At just $1.50 each you can’t go wrong!

1 momofpayton August 11, 2009 at 7:59 pm

can you use a prepaid visa to buy one of these gift cards?

2 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels August 12, 2009 at 4:41 am

Mom of Payton: I'm not sure if you can or not, sorry!

3 Judi August 12, 2009 at 8:23 am

Hi, I just went to the site and was ready to make a purchase, but firefox blocked it and said it was not a trusted site. Have you used this site? Should I proceed? I love the deals but don't want to get hacked! Thanks!

4 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels August 12, 2009 at 10:40 am

Judi: Which site, Mr Rebates or I have used both with no issues.

5 Judi August 12, 2009 at 12:40 pm

It was once I was on ready to make my purchase. Good to hear you've had good experience. The deal was great and I don't want to pass it up, but I get nervous about online transactions! :-)

6 Shelby August 13, 2009 at 8:14 am

I don't see why you couldn't use a pre-paid Visa card. You should be able to use it for anything just like a regular Visa. (In order to get the 25% back through Mr. Rebates you can't pay using Paypal.) I did this promo a couple of weeks ago. They were running their 80% off promo and I bought my certificate through Mr. Rebates. I was a new sign-up there so I actually made money. Hubby and I had a great anniversary dinner and after my certificate it was sooooo cheap. I love I only wish ALL restaurants had certificates on there.

7 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels August 13, 2009 at 11:38 am

Shelby: The reason why I said what I said about the prepaid Visa card is that many online retailers do not accept them. I believe the numbers on the card have a marker of some type to show they are prepaid. MOST of the offers I do as part of my online offers do not accept prepaid visa cards – it doesn't say it explicitly but when you checkout and type in the number it says "card not accepted".