August Online Offers

by Nicole on September 1, 2009

Every day I am receiving emails from readers telling me they have been successful with the online offers I have blogged about before and asking me to post new ones. Right now, I am going to post a monthly online offers post where I will have links to the new Ideal offers I have found as well as the older offers that are still around and haven’t expired. Because I didn’t post in August and it’s only the first of September I am going to call this post “August Online Offers” and post again in the middle of this month for September. I have posted extensive directions on how to complete these offers.

Please, you MUST read the previous posts (here, here, and here) I have written about these offers very carefully – also read the comments left on those posts as those serve kind of as “frequently asked questions” that I respond to as well. If you have any questions, email or leave a comment. It’s better to ask the question than to do something you aren’t sure of and have it result in an unsuccessful offer.

I have good news to share! I received my $500 Visa giftcard last week from the offer I started on July 8, 2009. My status changed to processed on August 10 and just 2 weeks later the giftcard was in my hand! Is this a foreign language to you? If so, make sure to read the instructions post and it will all become clear.

It is very possible to be successful with these offers! Remember, you can only earn $1,000 in prizes from each Ideal sub-company (i.e. Bullseye, 123, etc.) so choose wisely! At the time of the posting of this, none of the offers posted required referrals. Offers can change at any time so be sure to review the terms and conditions before registering!

Bullseye Media
$500 Visa giftcard
$500 giftcard for USAir or American Airlines
Bare Minerals starter kit

123 Click
2 American Airlines airplane tickets
Ipod Touch and $100 in ITunes money

Uggs Slippers
$100 Visa giftcard

$50 in fast food giftcards
Choice of XBox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, Nintento DsI, Playstation Portable
$500 Kmart giftcard
$500 to Home Depot or Lowes

Jasper Marketing
$100 Target giftcard
$500 giftcards – Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Chilis, TGI Fridays, Pizza Hut, Outback

Top Notch
$500 Victoria’s Secret giftcard
$500 giftcard – Visa, Chilis, TGI Fridays, Itunes or Ebay
$500 Visa giftcard
$500 Toys r Us giftcard
$500 Visa giftcard
$500 Visa giftcard and Twilight T-shirt
$500 Visa giftcard and Got Milk T-shirt
Nintendo DsI

1 coupons317 September 1, 2009 at 12:49 pm

I just wanted to say thanks! I did a $500 Ikea giftcard deal, followed your instructions very closely, and I got my gift card last week! I was so excited this worked and I can't thank you enough!!!

2 Leslie September 2, 2009 at 8:21 pm

Hi! Using a lot of paper, I just printed out all of your postings about these online offers. I'm going to read them over-carefully-and give them a go. I'm excited and nervous. I'll keep you posted. :)

3 Claire September 3, 2009 at 6:14 am

I've been wanting to try an offer for a while but haven't bit yet. I wondered if the smaller rewards like $100 gift cards are worth one's time? I noticed there are a lot of repeating offers across the different promos (eg. credit score reports, Netflix, etc), but I like the fact that the smaller deals are easier to complete.

So– would you generally speaking recommend a newbie start with one of the larger rewards? Or is it easier to ease into it with a smaller one? I don't want to waste my time…

thanks in advance for your tips!

4 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 3, 2009 at 7:19 am

Hi Claire! I recommend newbies start with a $500 offer. Those require you complete 8 offers while the $100 ones require sometimes 4 offers so you can see the return on your money is much higher with a $500 offer! The $100 offers are better for someone who has done lots of these offers and may not be able to complete 8 offers without duplicating. Hope that helps!

5 Melissa Salmon September 3, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Hi, I am currently working on completeing an offer through I-deal's $500.00 gift card. I got nervous because I know there is a 60 day period until the offers are void. My question is if I looked at the site and entered my e-mail address in awhile ago, if that would start the 60 days or is it 60 days from your first offer submitted? Thanks for any help.

6 Teresa September 3, 2009 at 11:53 pm

Ok, you've got my interest! I'm a bit confused though. When you say that you can only complete $1000 from one sub-company, does that mean you can do $1000 from EACH sub-company, or is $1000 TOTAL from the sub-companies in one 6 month period? (I hope that makes sense! LOL!)

7 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 4, 2009 at 4:26 am

Hi Melissa: The 60 days starts the day you enter your email address on the first page. This is why I say you need to do all your offers in 1 sitting after you first sign up. How many days away from the 60 are you and how many offers have approved?

8 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 4, 2009 at 4:27 am

Hi Teresa: You can do $1,000 for Top Notch, $1,000 for Bullseye, $1,000 for 123 click etc per 6 month period. Hope that answers your question.

9 Melissa Salmon September 4, 2009 at 10:53 am

Well, I entered my e-mail address awhile ago so I could look at the offers avaliable to sign up for. I think I probably signed up for them about 3 weeks later. Today is 8 days after I have signed up and I am still waiting for the Platnium offers to go through. Hopefully I will make it in by the 60 days, keep your fingers crossed!

10 Sarita September 4, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Hi, Nicole:

First let me say I love your blog! I don't know what I would do without blogs like yours! Thank you!!!

I have just completed my first $500 giftcard offer. Needless to say I am very nervous, but hopeful.

I do have a few questions that I hope you can answer:
1. Do the offers change? It seems every reward had the same offers to sign up for. It was hard to find 8 to sign up for.
2. Also if I sign up for something now for ex: Netflix. Can I sign up for it at a later date or are you only allowed once?
3. My husband has an ebay account. Do you know if I would be able to sign up for an offer under my name and still qualify?

Sorry for the long post, but thank you again for all your help.

11 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 4, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Melissa: Good luck! Keep me posted!

Sarita: The offers change slightly every few months, they don't rotate completely. Netflix and most companies will only allow you to sign up once per 6 months – check each offer's terms and conditions. I'm not sure what your husband having an ebay account has to do with this so please clarify.

12 Sarita September 4, 2009 at 5:35 pm

Hi, Nicole:

Thanks for the quick reply… Ebay is one of the offers you can sign up for. I thought about signing up for it, but did not know since we already had an account if I could create one under my name.

13 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 4, 2009 at 7:11 pm

Sarita: Take a close look at that offer. I'm pretty sure it's not signing up for an ebay account, it's for some kind of service to help with ebay I believe.

14 MamaMataUSMC September 5, 2009 at 7:19 am

Nichole do you have any $1000 GC offers to complete? I did a $500 Target GC a while back and wanted to try for a bigger one this time. Thanks for all you do!

15 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 5, 2009 at 7:34 am

Hi MamaMataUSC: All of the $1,000 offers I have ever seen require referrals so I don't post them. If you would like a link to one, understanding that it requires usually 2 referrals to also complete all of the offers you did (and then for them to get the prize, they each need 2 referrals, etc. – which has to end somewhere is why I don't post them!) then please email me and I will send you a link.

16 MamaMataUSMC September 5, 2009 at 10:09 am

Sent you an email Nichole!

17 Sarita September 5, 2009 at 10:35 am

Thanks, Nicole! One of my offers has already approved after only one day!!!

18 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 5, 2009 at 1:12 pm

Sarita: It's normal for the silvers to approve after 1-2 days. Because only one approved you'll have to definitely do a replacement silver offer but wait to do replacements until you see how many you will have to do in total.

19 Teresa September 5, 2009 at 10:56 pm

You did answer my question, but I have one more. I understand that places like Netflix will only let you sign up once every six months. But using it as an example, if one of my deals for Bullseye was Netflix, would I be able to sign up again using Netflix under Top Notch? I guess what I'm asking is can you repeat the same offers under different sub-companies or not? Thanks! After I get this question answered I'm ready to bite!!

20 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 6, 2009 at 4:52 am

Teresa: I can't answer your question with a blanket yes or no. It depends on the company you are trying to sign up twice with – it's THEIR terms and conditions, it has nothing to do with the offer or Top Notch or Bullseye, etc. Netflix, for example, says you can't sign up more than once in a 6 month period – they don't care what you're signing up for, what offer, what sub-company, etc. To be safe, I have never duplicated offers within the 6 month period – it doesn't seem worth it to me to try it and then get disqualified. I can't recommend doing it.

21 T. September 8, 2009 at 7:07 pm

Thanks Nichole! I'll be stopping to pick a pre-paid Visa card this week to use for these deals. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks so much for all the information and answering all the questions!

22 Sarita September 14, 2009 at 9:20 am

Hi, Nicole: All of my platinums were approved today! It is so nerve-wracking the first time you do it. I hope it gets easier. I had to do 2 replacement offers.

I have one question about the products I need to return: do I send them regular mail or do I request delivery confirmation?

Thx. Sarita

23 Claire September 14, 2009 at 9:44 am

Thanks for all your advice, Nicole! I started a $500 VISA deal and have had all approve except one Gold offer.

Today I'm trying to find a replacement offer but am hitting a snag. Of the very few remaining offers (that I am not already signed up for a sister company), they are all rated "F" or without any rating on the BBB. The only other companies that I haven't checked out are those for which I genuinely have no interest.

Have you dealt with F-rated companies before, and what was the outcome? I appreciate anyone's feedback on this point!

24 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 14, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Sarita: When I return I do not generally send with delivery confirmation but it probably isn't a bad idea!

Claire: I don't really look at the ratings so I'm not sure if I've dealt with an "F" company before. Sorry I can't be of more help.

25 Anonymous September 14, 2009 at 10:56 pm

I have a question, where in the terms & conditions does it say that you cannot sign up with two offers that are owned by the same parent company. You and Carrie both say that you can't do this, but I can't find it anywhere. I found another site that talks about i-deal and nobody talks about this rule. Just curious, thanks.

26 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 15, 2009 at 4:06 am

The Ideal terms and conditions, under Section B Completion of Reward Offers says "Once you have completed an advertiser’s offer, you will not receive credit for that offer, or any other offer sponsored by that advertiser, for six months. For purposes hereof, an “advertiser” generally is the business unit sponsoring the offer, although some advertisers may apply this rule to the entire corporate entity sponsoring the offer." Also, I have heard from several people disqualified for this very reason.

27 Sarita September 15, 2009 at 5:09 am

Thanks, Nicole! My 2 replacements were approved today! Yay!!!

Thank you again for providing so much information and such detailed instructions on how to complete this.

28 Claire September 15, 2009 at 6:22 am

Sorry if this has been answered already but–

Are you allowed to sign up for a sister company's offer under another deal?

Eg. if Company A and Company B are both owned by XYZ, Inc., can I sign up for Co. A under a TopNotch offer and then Co. B under a Bullseye offer a few weeks later?

29 Sarita September 15, 2009 at 8:50 am

Nicole: What does the redemption certificate look like? I did not have a print link when I openend mine so just wanted to make sure what I printed was correct. I had to boxes with an x inside so was not sure if it did not load properly. I was going to try from another computer, but was afraid it would think I did it twice and would void my prize.
Thanks again.

30 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 15, 2009 at 4:28 pm

Claire: In my experience the situation you are describing is fine but since it seems to contradict their terms and conditions, I can't give an absolute answer.

Sarita: You can print the redemption form over and over, it doesn't limit you to just one print so no worries. The red X is fine, the bar code and your contact info is what needs to be visible.

31 Claire September 16, 2009 at 3:26 am

Nicole: thanks for all your feedback and for putting up with us newbies so patiently! You have several posts on this topic with many, many comments and I'm sure you've answered some of these questions before – we appreciate all you do!

Sarita – I had the same thing and was worried too :) Phew!

32 TanyaM September 21, 2009 at 6:58 am

my question is actually about a different type of online offer. A while back you posted about Nicoles Savings (they offered a Target girftcard with a paid subscription- 14.95 I believe). Well this time they offered Target and Starbucks giftcards for new subscriberes. I signed up and it has been almost two weeks after they charged my card, but I haven't heard from them yet. I read over the offer rules very carefully and they are not giving any dateline of when they would be sending giftcards. How long after you subscribed did you get your Target card?

33 Tanya September 21, 2009 at 6:59 am

Please email me if you could

34 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 21, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Tanya: Sent you an email!

35 Jessica September 24, 2009 at 10:10 pm

I just realized I have 3 offers completed from the same parent company. I stopped doing more offers, panicked and emailed bullseye media asking if I would be dq'd or if I could still complete offers in the future. Through several clarifying e-mails the service rep assured me I am fine to have all these offers and they will not affect my receiving the prize.
I still need to do one more offer, would you recommend pursing the service rep a little more to make sure we are on the same page, or would you go ahead and complete another offer in hopes that everything goes through.
If you have no solid answer, please tell me what you would do if you were in my situation. I could only find wording in the terms that was vauge on the issue.
Thanks for your help, Jessica

36 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 25, 2009 at 4:28 am

Hi Jessica: I probably wouldn't have emailed customer service since now you brought it to their attention what had happened. The terms and conditions are clear about not duplicating offers so I'm not sure why the customer service person would tell you everything is fine. They usually send very vague form emails that aren't really tailored to your situation. As far as DQ'ing goes, you'll proceed along like everything is fine, you'll print your certificate, mail it in, status will change to processed and you'll get a DQ letter instead of a prize. From what I understand it's not so much about Ideal DQ'ing you as it is about the offers you are doing reporting the multiple sign-ups for Ideal. People duplicate offers and don't ghet DQ'd while others do – there's no rhyme or reason. So I would continue the offer and hope for the best.

37 Anonymous October 9, 2009 at 11:46 pm

Hello Nicole,

I would like to thank you for sharing so much insight about the web offers. I visited your site several times during the process and I am happy I did.

I started my first offer on 9/12. On 9/25, I sent my certificate and W-9 documents by priority mail and they received them on 9/28.

On Oct 8, I was approved and now I'm looking forward to my $100 target gift card. A perfect Christmas gift for someone.

Thanks once again!!