Kmart – Round 2! Spent just 2 cents for 49 items!

by Nicole on September 28, 2009

So I decided to hit Kmart today again after finding some more great deals. I ended up paying just 2 cents for 49 items! At the end of the transaction they actually owed me money (because of the $5 off $50 coupon and the $5 instant reward for buying the 5 Special K products) so I went to get a candy bar and ended up owing just 2 cents! Make sure to also read this post to see how I got 32 items for just 7 cents yesterday!
18 cans of Alpo dog food, $.60 each
Used 6 of the Save $1.00 when you buy 3 from the 8/23 SS
Coupon doubled so all were FREE

2 Ziploc bags, $2.00 each

1 Little Debbie Chocolate Cupcakes, $3.00
Used $1.00 coupon from October All You Magazine
Coupon doubled and item was $1.00

1 bag of Hershey’s Kisses, $2.50
Used $1.00 coupon from 9/13 SS

1 Reese Whipps, $.67
This was the item I needed to buy so they wouldn’t owe me money

2 Hormel Compleats meals, $2.00 each
Used the BOGO coupon from the August All You
Coupon doubled so both were FREE

3 Rice Crispies Cereals, $2.25 each
Used 3 of the $1.00 Vocalpoint coupons
Coupons doubled so each item was $.25

5 Special K Cereals, $2.50 each
Used 5 of the $1.00 printable coupons
Coupons doubled so each was just $.50
BUT there was an instant $5 reward for buying 5 Special K Products and so I actually got a $2.50 overage here!

6 Coffee Mate Stick Pack Carton, $1.39 each (I bought 3 vanilla and 3 original)
Used 3 BOGO coupons from the 8/9 RP
Coupons doubled so each item was FREE

1 Kotex Liners, $1.29
Used $1.00 coupon from home mailer
Coupon doubled and item was FREE

1 Carefree liners, $1.39
Used $1.00 coupon from 8/30 SS
Coupon doubled and item was FREE

I used the $5 off $50 coupon before I handed over the rest of my coupons. I got the Whips bar as the cash register showed them owing me some money.

1 Nancy September 28, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Nicole, how do they double the BOGO – my store would not double the BOGO. Thanks for the info-I'm going tomorrow! Hope I can take advantage of some of the deals – I couldn't go over the weekend had a horse show!

Stop by the Ranch sometime – Coffee is always hot and the door is always open!

2 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 28, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Hi Nancy: The thing with BOGO's is the rules don't say no BOGO coupons, they say they can't double on BOGO offers which I interpret to mean when they have their own BOGO sale. I've never had an issue with the BOGO coupons. I think it may be worth a call to corporate for clarification on your part though because there are some great deals with the BOGO coupons!

3 Erin September 28, 2009 at 4:39 pm

What area of the country are you in? I am in Broward County, Florida and I can't seem to find any stores that double coupons.

4 Christie September 28, 2009 at 7:16 pm

Are the cashiers mannually entering the value of the BOGO coupon twice or is this automatically just coming off at the register? I've never had a BOGO Q doubled. I did however purcahse one of their BOGO sales today and used 2 coupons and had no problem. Help!

5 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 28, 2009 at 7:37 pm

Erin: I live in St Lucie County, Florida but was shopping in Palm Beach County. I do know that the store in Royal Palm Beach is doubling because I called there. That's not crazy far from Broward.

Christie: if your BOGO coupon is for an item under $2.00 then it should be fine. The cashier would scan the coupon, then it would do 1 of 2 things. On some of them it would ask the cashier to select the 2 items purchased and then double the coupon. On others it would ask the cashier to manually enter the price of one and then double the coupon. I didn't have an issue during either trip this doubles event and I also did it last doubles event at the Fort Pierce store and the Lake Park store several times over.

6 Christie September 28, 2009 at 8:26 pm

Thanks for that! I'm heading over to the Lake Park store tomorrow! I shopped at Royal Palm and Hypoluxo today, both are doubling but I used some BOGO coupons and they didn't double. My cashiers seemed a bit confused all the way around so that might have had something to do with it. The Lake park store is so much nicer that the 2 I was at today so I don't mind the drive. Thanks again :-)

7 The Thrifty Divas September 28, 2009 at 8:34 pm

Nicole, I love it! This is so inspiring to us all!

After all of the confusion with the event, my K-Mart stores are doubling all coupons up to $2. I live in the Jacksonville area.

8 Anonymous September 29, 2009 at 6:12 am

Hi Nicole. My store will only double 10 coupons per purchase. I am looking for inexpensive filler items to reach the $50 purchase. That way I'll get $5 extra off. Do you know if K-Mart sells the Sara Lee Deli Selects? If they do, do you know much they are? I thought I could use the $3 off coupons. Thanks! You rock. :)

9 Anonymous September 29, 2009 at 6:20 am

I think that I'm confused. I am going to the Lake Park store later today. Does the cashier double the coupon, or do we need to actually bring 2 coupons in??

10 Anonymous September 29, 2009 at 3:51 pm

I was trying to find the starbucks coupon but I couldn't find it. Is there a certain area code I should put in to get to it?

Thanks so much

11 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels September 29, 2009 at 5:04 pm

Anon – Try this link for the Starbucks coupon –

Jennifer: The coupon will automatically double when the cashier scans it. I get 2 copies of the paper so I always have at least 2 coupons to use for these things!

Anon: I don't think my store had the Sara Lee meat but I wasn't specifically looking for it.

Hope everyone's trips today went well!

12 Christie September 30, 2009 at 6:51 am

Made 2 trips to the Lake Park store yesterday. Got $126 worth of items for $5.04!

It would have been less but on my 2nd trip (in the evening) the cashiers had all been instructed to limit it to 10qs so I couldn't use my 2nd $5.

I also got 2 – $5 off of a $5 purchase and a $2 off your next purchase coupons! So Kmart basically paid me to shop :-)!

Going to pick up more pet food today, the strays I feed are going to be very happy!

13 Anonymous October 2, 2009 at 7:48 am

I am so disappointed that none of the K Mart stores in the Columbus,GA area are participating in the double coupon deal.