A few months back I had the opportunity to participate in a blogcast featuring Office Max products and Peter Walsh all about organization. I really enjoyed the blogcast and sharing the information I learned with my readers. I was really excited to be asked to join in on a new blogcast about back to school organization again featuring Peter Walsh and Office Max.
To prepare for the blogcast, Office Max and Peter Walsh sent me a box of the Schoolio von Hoolio items you see pictured below. The items are absolutely adorable and so much cuter than the school supplies I had as a kid! These items are available for purchase at Office Max stores nationwide and trust me – they aren’t only for kids!
The blogcast focused on the following three topics and gave the following tips that you can start implementing today!
Organizing your home:
1. Evaluate your work area – and clean it if necessary. Start with a clean slate.
2. Show your kids that organization matters. If it’s important to you, it will become important to them.
3. Use the right tools to assist with organization – folders, bins, bags, etc. Most of us own these items that we don’t utilize. Make them help you! For instance, a backpack is a mobile office!
Organizing your kids:
1. Show them by example how important organization is.
2. Establish routines and enforce limits. Use calendars and charts to reinforce this. Make sure backpacks are emptied each day.
3. Complete tasks you start. This is a critical value to teach kids – once you start something, you need to finish it.
Organizing the classroom:
1. Establish routines that are clear and consistent.
2. Create ways for the kids to get involved in organizing the classroom.
3. Get creative in organization – use colors, symbols and words to organize.
These tips may seem like common sense but really think about each of them and how you can improve on your organizational skills. Remember, it’s you that sets the example for organization in your home!
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!