October Online Offers

by Nicole on October 30, 2009

Here is October’s online offers post! For those of you who are new, I have posted extensive directions on how to complete these offers.

Please, you MUST read the previous posts (here, here, and here) I have written about these offers very carefully – also read the comments left on those posts as those serve kind of as “frequently asked questions” that I respond to as well. If you have any questions, email or leave a comment. It’s better to ask the question than to do something you aren’t sure of and have it result in an unsuccessful offer.

It is very possible to be successful with these offers! Remember, you can only earn $1,000 in prizes from each Ideal sub-company (i.e. Bullseye, 123, etc.) so choose wisely! At the time of the posting of this, none of the offers posted required referrals. Offers can change at any time so be sure to review the terms and conditions before registering! FYI – I am hearing of people getting disqualified because they did an offer that was $500 plus a T-shirt and then when they do another $500 offer with the same sub-company are disqualified because they have technically done over $1,000 with that sub-company as the T-shirt has value! Be careful with these technicalities!

I couldn’t find many new offers this month. None of the offers below required referrals at the time I posted but the terms can change so check carefully. Also, some of the $500 offers are now 2-2-8 instead of 2-2-4 so please make sure to read your terms and conditions before signing up! Also, I am receiving some reader comments and emails that they are getting calls from telemarketers after signing up for some offers. I have never had this experience but did want to make everyone aware of this.

$50 Visa giftcard

$500 Toys r Us giftcard
$500 Visa giftcard
$500 Visa giftcard and Twilight T-shirt
Nintendo DsI

1 Danielle October 30, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Hi Nicole,
My question is in the terms and conditions of the $500 GC for Top Notch it states, "Should the value of the reward or the cumulative value of rewards received during the calendar year exceed $600, you must provide us with a completed IRS form W-9". Is this stating that if I am only doing this one reward for $500 I do NOT need the W9? Also, when I went to print the reward certificate, it prints everything except what seems to be some sort of graphic under the bar code and before the certificate number (I get just a box with a red x). Is this going to be ok to send in anyway, it looks like all the important info is there? Sorry, this is my first one and I'm a little lost.

2 Anonymous October 30, 2009 at 12:35 pm

3 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels October 30, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Hi there: You need to do a W-9 for each offer no matter how much money it is for. They are only required to report your earnings to the IRS if it's more than $600 but they can require a W-9 at any amount. The red X always appears on my redemption forms and I've never had an issue.

4 busy mom October 31, 2009 at 6:00 am

Good rainy morning, I have been following Carrie for a long time it seems. I am always amazed at how she does it and I am so happy that you are posting these deals also.
I know I need to get a credit card b/c I have a debit card and you should not use it for these offers. I was wondering how is the best way to get over the fear of the psy( mind thought) of these offers is by just doing one?
I am just a little cauious about them.

5 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels October 31, 2009 at 6:04 am

I was cautious too! I would get a prepaid Visa card and put like $50-$75 on it. Make sure you register it so you can use it online. I think the only way is to take the plunge!

6 Haley Ann's Mom October 31, 2009 at 11:35 pm

Hi! Your site is well put together. I am so glad that I found it! I have a question about the different categories with these offers. Are they all associated with each other? Meaning if I did two from Top Notch that equaled $1000, could I do two others from MarketLabs and so forth?

7 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels November 1, 2009 at 5:46 am

haley Ann's Mom – Yes, you could.

8 Anonymous November 2, 2009 at 8:38 am

9 Haley Ann's Mom November 2, 2009 at 8:50 am

Can you cancel the memberships or do you have to keep them for so long. Can they be canceled within 24 hours?

10 Anonymous November 2, 2009 at 1:58 pm

We are doing one of the $500 Visa offers and one of the silver offers was It has not approved yet. Do you know if you actually have to buy anything there? There is nothing to tell us what to do????

11 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels November 2, 2009 at 7:57 pm

Anon – No, you will not automatically be disqualified for doing 2 from the same parent company. Some people are and some aren't.

Haley Ann's Mom – I can't comment on cancelling – it's prohibited in their terms and conditions and could cause me to be banned from doing offers.

Anon – I don't know anything about that offer. I suggest emailing Ideal if you have questions about that.

12 Anonymous November 3, 2009 at 9:49 pm

I just completed my 500 top notch gift card offer. I had my sister mail my forms for me and apparently our wires were crossed, I thought that I told her delivery confirmation with no signature, and when she went to the post office the guy working talked her into certified mail. What can I do because after reading the usps website they can hold a letter for up to thirty days without returning it to the sender. I am really going crazy here. I need a cool head to instruct me on what if anything I can do.

13 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels November 4, 2009 at 6:01 am

Anon – Resend the whole packet using delivery confirmation instead!

14 busy mom November 4, 2009 at 11:32 am

I am confused what forums do you have to send them?
I am just asking before I do one so I will understand it better.

15 stefanie f November 4, 2009 at 5:50 pm

i did my offer for the month of september and now my mom wanted to do one. So i walked her through it and she get to the second page and it says all the offers have expired. do u know why it is doing this? she did it through top notch for the $500 gc

16 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels November 4, 2009 at 11:25 pm

Busy Mom – When everything approves there will be a link to print a redemption form – you need to mail that in along with a W-9 form. There will be instructions on the screen for it all.

Stefanie F – I'm not sure why that happened. Perhaps try emailing Ideal or signing up for a different offer.

17 staycee November 18, 2009 at 11:02 am

So I did all my offers & they approved right away. But I had my envelope all set to send it priority with a confirmation but my boyfriend accidentally mailed it out with the rest of the mail. I am wondering if anyone has sent theirs in regular mail and received it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :)

18 Jackie November 18, 2009 at 2:19 pm

I took the plunge and am trying for a Top Notch $500 GC. It is day 9 and I have been approved for silver and gold with no replacements. How long should I wait for the Plat offers to approve? (I tried to go to your “here, here, or here” links, to find that answer, but they didn’t work for me) If I have to do a replacement offer, do I click check gift status then under the platinum “pending” click check here for more offers? Thanks for you help! – Jackie

19 nicolesnickels November 18, 2009 at 6:31 pm

I changed to a .com last week from a .net so those links will work if you change them to .com and not .net – I’ll update the posts when I get a minute. You could also just click on “online Offers” in my navigation bar and it will take you to all of those posts. Your questions are answered there. Wait until day 13 and then do replacements if you need to. You should see at least 1 platinum approve and once you see any approve they should all approve – if they don’t it’s time to do replacements.

20 nicolesnickels November 18, 2009 at 6:39 pm

Staycee: You can see what happens, if the status changes in a few weeks or not but you run the risk of running out of time on your 60 days. I can’t tell you what to do but you could always resend with delivery confirmation.

21 Lynn November 19, 2009 at 8:21 pm

Nicole, you are amazing. In mid October I decided to try for the PS3 offer as a gift for my boyfriend. I read your detailed instructions and followed all the steps and used most of the handy suggestions. Today I found out that everything went through and the gift is being mailed to me. I am so thrilled! It was a lot of work but totally worth it. I’m gonna try for a $500 gift card for myself next! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

22 Lynn November 19, 2009 at 8:26 pm

P.S. I started On October 12 and everything was done and approved and gift mailed on Nov 18. It took only a little more than a month!

23 staycee November 20, 2009 at 12:18 pm

Thanks Nicole, as far as checking the status is it the same link that you check the offers on?

24 Sariah November 20, 2009 at 4:44 pm

First of all, just a FYI I completed an offer for a $500 target gift card and accidentally mailed my certificate in using certified mail instead of delivery confirmation. I contacted Ideal and they said not to worry about it and they received it two days later just fine and it was processed in a week. So no worries there. Secondly, I here people talking about getting multiple gift cards throughout the year and I was wondering how this is possible. I have completed two $500 offers and its seems to me that I have already done most of the offers available. Can you sign up for the same programs over and over again? Thirdly, I received my first gift card just 4 weeks after it processed. However, my second one processed 9 weeks ago and still no sign of it. It says they will mail it in 6-8 weeks after processing and it hasn’t come. I emailed them three times with no response, and I am getting worried. Has this ever happened to you?

25 nicolesnickels November 20, 2009 at 7:32 pm

You click “check gift status” from the home page of the offer.

26 nicolesnickels November 20, 2009 at 7:35 pm

The offers will rotate every few months, that’s how people can continue to do them. You need to check the terms of each offer to see what their rules are as far as signing up with them again, most are 6 months or a year. I’ve never had the issue you are describing or received any similar comments. The only thing you can do is email Ideal, hopefully they will respond soon.

27 staycee November 22, 2009 at 7:11 pm

I checked the status of my gift card and got a message saying ” due to the time limited nature of this offer your registration is now expired” I was wondering if that has happened to anyone else. My redemption cert. did end up getting mailed with just regular postage but it had well over a week to get there before it expired. I just sent them an email and I’m hoping to get a response but I’m worried that the message means I’m not getting my gift card. : (

28 nicolesnickels November 22, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Hi Staycee: If the offer expired before they received your letter then you won’t get your giftcard. Did you follow my instructions? On Day 13 my instructions advise to do any replacements necessary. That way, by day 15 you’ll be all approved and sending in your redemption forms and you don’t get anywhere near the 60 days when an offer expires. If you send the redemption form with delivery confirmation as I recommended you’ll know exactly when the letter got there as it takes approximately 2 weeks for them to process the forms after receiving them.

29 staycee November 23, 2009 at 8:09 am

I did follow your instructions but didn’t have any replacement offers to do. I did all my offers on October 30th. They were all approved by November 8th and all still say approved. I had til the 21st to get all the paperwork in. It was mailed right away so they should have received it. I’m getting confused as to the 60 days because It hasn’t even been 30 days since I did my 1st offer . I guess that I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

30 nicolesnickels November 23, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Offers expire 60 days after you sign up. Is it possible you entered your email address in the offer some time ago and then came back a few weeks later to actually do the offers? The only deadline in the offer is the 60 days, I’m not sure what your reference to having until the 21st to get your paperwork in is all about?

31 staycee November 28, 2009 at 6:53 am

Thanks for all your help Nicole.I received an email from Top Notch and they said that I am all set. The expiration was that I had til the 21st to print out my redemption cert. and said to contact them back if I dont receive my gift card in 4 weeks. I’m so excited and can’t wait to do my next offer ( with delivery confirmation :) ) Thanks again so much for all of your help .

32 staycee December 8, 2009 at 2:17 pm

I received a message today that my gift card was processed. I am sooo excited I can’t wait. Maybe it will make it before Christmas. Just wanted to say thanks again Nicole and Happy Holidays..