follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter
follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter
follow Nicole's Nickels on Pinterest
follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter
follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter

Mystery Shopping: JC & Associates

by Nicole on December 24, 2009

JC & Associates is a mystery shopping company that I have been signed up with from the beginning but only recently completed a shop for them.  The shop was a fairly simple quick casual restaurant shop and the reimbursment/payment were very fair for the length and complexity of the shop report.  My only complaint about this company is that it took a while to be paid.

I recently received an email from JC & Associates that they are merging with another company and payments will be processed quicker.  I was happy to hear that as they have a nice selection of national restaurant chains to shop at.  As always, it’s FREE to register and you’re under no obligation to ever complete a shop.

To learn more about mystery shopping, please read my Mystery Shopping 101 post. For a list of other mystery shopping companies I have discussed click here.

1 Nichole December 24, 2009 at 11:08 pm

I did not see we to sign up on this site.

2 Nichole December 24, 2009 at 11:14 pm

Sorry, I was able to locate it. I didn’t go under employment because usually you are considered an independent contractor with mystery shopping.

3 Lauren January 1, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Hi Nicole! I have really been doing a lot of Mystery Shopping and I started all because of you! Thanks for all the info! :) I had a question though, do you pay taxes on it? I am not going to make $600 from one company, but I might make $600 total. Also, does that include gift cards and reimbursements? Thanks!

4 nicolesnickels January 2, 2010 at 6:35 am

Hi Lauren: Yes, I do pay taxes on mystery shopping money. The $600 number is when the company is required to send you a 1099 but regardless of amount anything you earn is income and therefore taxable. That’s pretty much all I can say without giving tax advice which I’m not qualified to do. There are some good discussions on the subject in the volition forums and also if you google mystery shopping and taxes you’ll find some things. Hope that helps!

5 Katie January 12, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Do you know what company does secret shops for Publix?

6 nicolesnickels January 12, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Yes, I do but it would be against my Independent Contractor Agreement to disclose that information. You must keep each company’s clients confidential as per the agreement and I do not want to jepoardize my status as a mystery shopper. I can only suggest to sign up with as many companies as possible to find the shops you want the most.

7 Melissa September 20, 2010 at 10:39 am

Hi!
I LOVE doing mystery shops with them. Unfortunately, because I work full time as a nurse, I don’t get to do a whole lot of them. I was just trying to access their site and it won’t work. Do you know if they have a new website? Thanks!
Melissa

8 nicolesnickels September 20, 2010 at 10:43 am

They actually merged with another company called Marketstat. This post you are commenting on is months old, sorry about that!

9 Amy June 14, 2011 at 1:54 am

I would like info on doing Mystery Shops

10 Nicole June 14, 2011 at 6:07 am

Click on the mystery shopping tab at the top of the page and it will take you to all of the posts I have written about mystery shopping!

11 Alanna September 4, 2011 at 12:52 am

Nicole,

Do you know what company J.C. and Associates merged with?