How much fun does a make your own soda machine sound? Exactly! I was thrilled to get this SodaStream sample and have had a few months to play around with it. While I’m not about to stop buying soda at the store if I want it, this is a fun alternative to store-bought soda. That being said, some of the flavors are definitely better than others and it’s up to your particular taste, of course!
The SodaStream machine is easy to use and doesn’t require electricity or batteries which is a big plus. There are over 30 flavors available, pretty much anything you can think of! All you need to do is install the CO2 carbonation tank to the machine, fill the liter-sized bottle it comes with with cold water, pump a few times to carbonate, add the flavoring, and shake to distribute the flavoring.
These machines aren’t cheap at around $100-$150 depending on add-ons but each bottle of flavoring makes 12 liters of soda. If you used the machine a lot it would likely come out to cost less per year than buying soda in the store. It’s definitely fun when people come over or you have a party as it’s a total show to make the soda. There is also a flavoring kit to make flavored sparkling water.
The folks over at SodaStream have graciously decided to give (1) of my readers their own SodaStream machine!
Your first entry will be to go to the SodaStream website and let me know which flavor you’d most like to try by filling out the form at the bottom of this post! This is a mandatory entry and the extra entries will not count unless you do this entry. To do the extra entries just refresh the page to get the entry form visible again and fill in the “giveaway entry” tab accordingly.
There are six (6) “extra” ways to enter (You must fill out the giveaway form again for each entry you do. Just hit refresh on your browser to see the giveaway form again.).
1. subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe leave a comment saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
2. follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) and tweet about this giveaway
3. blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the comment)
4. email 5 people about this giveaway (cc me on the email)
5. grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the comment)
6. add the link to this giveaway on a Mr. Linky about giveaways or on a blog giveaway site, blog carnival or forum or yahoo group (leave link to where you did this in the comment)
You MUST fill out the entry form answering the question above as your first entry and then additional entries are governed by the terms above. You MUST fill out the giveaway form for each entry you are able to make. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until January 18, 2010 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
SodaStream provided me with a sample to review for this post.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!