Update to the update: Seems like they are now refusing to give any replacement items at all. I just tried to assist a friend who was having troubles and ran into a brick wall. They actually told me to contact their legal department. I am so disappointed in the way Snapfish is handling this. How terrible when a company doesn’t realize that it’s nothing without customers and can’t own up to its own mistakes?
I know many of you ordered the Snapfish “free” dog leash and/or coasters that I posted about recently and are now getting emails from Snapfish saying that they have a “depleted inventory” or that it was an “expired offer”. What gets me is that while neither of these excuses are anyone’s fault but Snapfish’s, the customers who trusted them enough to sign up and divulge information they may not have otherwise given out, are now being told that they will get a different item, of significantly lower value.
Both the leash and coaster offers happened at the time that Snapfish offered a free shipping code and that code has expired (curiously, just 4 hours before Snapfish sent out the emails saying that the dog leash orders were cancelled). Now customers are being offered a mug ($9.99 value) instead of the leash ($19.99) value and a greeting card ($1.99 value) instead of the coasters ($24.99 value). Neither new offer comes with free shipping.
What can you do? This solution will take approximately 10 minutes.
- I suggest logging onto your account and contacting Snapfish via their Live Chat option.
- You can access Live Chat by clicking on the help link at the top of the page and then on the right hand side clicking where you see information about Live Chat – if the button does not come up right away, keep refreshing the page.
- Inform the Live Chat rep that you are not receiving what you ordered, that this is a deceptive business practice, that you did not sign up for the item they are offering, and that you want an item comparable in value to the item you originally ordered PLUS free shipping
- The rep will ask what item you want so have a comparable item ready in mind.
- You’ll have to pay shipping but the rep will reimburse it. You’ll get a confirmation email of the shipping reimbursement shortly after requesting it. (The reimbursement for the shipping of the replacement offer I requested for my dog leash was already processed without issue)
I won’t be commenting anymore on Snapfish and what I think of how they have treated their customers over the past few weeks since I don’t have anything nice to say…
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!