Survey Spotlight: Week 3

by Nicole on March 4, 2010

I have written extensively in the past about surveys and how I am able to earn money each month doing them. I haven’t mentioned surveys in a while now, but I wanted to revisit the topic. I am going to try to spotlight 3 survey companies each week. If you aren’t signed up with the ones I am mentioning, you’ll have the opportunity to. The more survey companies you are signed up with the more opportunities you will get!

I get emails and comments sometimes about people getting frustrated when they disqualify for surveys – you can’t take it personally! I disqualify for many of them, that’s why I recommend signing up with so many companies. Often, you don’t fit the demographic they need as they try to get a representative sample of the population.

The 3 survey companies I want to spotlight this week are:

1. SynovateSynovate is a survey company I have been with a long time and receive a lot of product tests from.  I enjoy doing product testing so this is one of my favorites.  Survey emails come from “Marie Brighton” and you’ll receive a sliding scale of points based on how much of the survey you do and qualify for.  Payment is made via check.

2. MindfieldMindfield sends approximately 5 invitations per week so you won’t feel bombarded.  They have a large variety of survey topics and pay promptly.  I find I disqualify from many of their surveys but have a friend who loves them and does really well so I think it really depends on your demographic.

3. E-Poll – E-Poll sends surveys approximately twice per week only but I almost always qualify for them.  They are fairly easy surveys and the amount you receive is very fair given the time spent.  E-Poll pays by check.

If you’re new to surveys definitely sign up with a separate email address for surveys. It’ll make it easier to have an inbox you know will be filled with survey invites.

1 Mercedes V March 4, 2010 at 11:05 pm

What I hate about some survey is that they ask LOTS of questions (about 10-15 minutes of time) then tell me I don’t qualify. Awfully suspect. Wonder if they do this deliberately at times to get consumer information without paying them.

2 nicolesnickels March 5, 2010 at 6:33 am

Sometimes it takes several minutes to get disqualified but I’ve never gone 10-15 minutes! Most surveys don’t even take half of the time it states in the invitation, I find.

3 Rebecca March 9, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Thank you alot. I like doing surveys and really enjoy being able to get a little bit of money while I am not working. But, I have a question. All these surveys and sites like swagbucks where you get giftcards, do you have to pay taxes in the USA? If so how do you show your proof of income?

4 nicolesnickels March 10, 2010 at 6:16 am

Hi Rebecca: Any money or giftcard you receive from doing surveys is income. A company is only required to send a 1099 when you earn over $600 with them so you won’t probably receive any for survey-taking. I just keep good records and report as income the money I make, your word is your proof.

5 Shimla May 13, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Hi Nichole, thank you for introducing us about all of these fabulous survey site. Last week, I started taking part to survey and I enjoyed it so much that I did not go for shopping at all.
I just wanted to know why do we have to sign up for separate email to keep track of all the surveyinvitation? When I log into surveyhead, I saw all of the invitations. I don’t have to open my email address. But I really want to know is there any advantage of creating separate email address for survey? Thank you in advance.

6 nicolesnickels May 14, 2010 at 6:16 am

Shimla: I recommend one separate email address that you use to sign up for all of the surveys. I am signed up with all of the companies I recommend on my blog and receive upwards of 50-75 survey emails per day. I don’t want those emails to clog up my personal email inbox so I have a separate surveys email. It’s up to you though!