Price of Product: $10.00 for set of 4 napkins
Where can the product be purchased: online from Haiti Projects Sewing Cooperative, Inc.
Description of Product: “The Sewing Cooperative was started in 1996 to provide women with the work they need to earn a living. We offer work, not hand-outs. Today eighty women are employed at the cooperative. Eight electric machines were recently added to our old treadle machines. Washing, is still done by hand and so is ironing with charcoal irons. In spite of difficult circumstances, women at the cooperative use their embroidery skills to produce heirloom-quality items of great beauty. The Sewing Cooperative is a program of Haiti Projects, Inc., a non-profit, charitable corporation registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It operates in Fonds des Blancs, Haiti, a poor, mountainous area 75 miles west of Port au Prince. Most of the inhabitants of Fonds des Blancs live with their impoverished children on less than one US dollar a day. Haiti Projects’ mission is to fight poverty by creating the means through which people can help themselves. 100% of the proceeds from sales goes back to the women at the cooperative who, thanks to you, are able to feed their children and send them to school.”
Review of Product: I received a set of 4 cocktail napkins that are a very light blue with a white flower on them. They are handmade and carefully crafted by women in Haiti. This is a great gift – the products are really nice and practical and it’s for a good cause. I love to give socially responsible gifts like these napkins. They also make nightgowns and other textiles for the home.
Giveaway: The folks over at the Haiti Projects, Inc. Sewing Cooperative have graciously decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels reader their own set of 4 cocktail napkins.
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: Check out the Haiti Projects, Inc Sewing Cooperative website and tell me which item they sell that you like the best and why
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until April 26, 2010 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!