Nicoles Nickels

« | »

Mystery Shopping Company: About Face

It’s been a while since I talked about a new mystery shopping company but here is one! I recently completed a shop with About Face and received my payment.

About Face is of course FREE to sign up for and they offer shops around the country.  I found their instructions to be clear and their shop report form straightforward.  It did take several months to be paid via Paypal but I was paid.  Make sure to read about the other mystery shopping companies I am signed up with as well my tips on being a successful mystery shopper!

Posted by on April 6, 2010.

Tags:

Categories: mystery shopping

11 Responses

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Nicole's Nickels. Nicole's Nickels said: Mystery Shopping Company: About Face: It’s been a while since I talked about a new mystery shopping company but h… http://bit.ly/98Dp6L [...]

by Tweets that mention Mystery Shopping Company: About Face -- Topsy.com on Apr 6, 2010 at 5:52 pm

2. Hey, just curious, if you were to suggest one Mystery Shopping company, which do you think is the best out of the ones that you’ve done? Which ones is the easiest to follow and pays faster? Thanks so much, I love your blog!

by Elizabeth on Apr 6, 2010 at 8:55 pm

3. I can’t recommend just one – there are many that I enjoy working with for different reasons. Because you never know if there will be shops in your area since assignments are confidential until you sign up, I recommend starting off by signing up with 5 to start – I would try A Closer Look, Service Sleuth, Feedback Plus, Marketforce and Bare International. Hope that helps!

by nicolesnickels on Apr 7, 2010 at 6:32 am

4. Hi there! thanks for this. I went on aboutface and tried to register. It kept coming back with the blank app when I submitted;(

by Kay on Apr 7, 2010 at 10:30 am

5. Thanks for your tips, Nicole. Mystery shopping is, well, a mystery! :)

by Anita on Apr 7, 2010 at 11:32 am

6. Nicole -
    Hi there! I am the Director of Ops at About Face and I am glad to hear you had a good experience with AF and shared that with others. Thanks!

Kay –

If you send me a note, I’d be happy to help you get added to the system. my email is rachel.stansel (at) aboutfacecorp.com

by Rachel on Apr 20, 2010 at 6:30 pm

7. My son and I both have lost our jobs. I am thinking about doing mystry shopping. We have been cautioned so many times regarding companies not being authentic that I don’t know where to
    start looking for one that is real employment. Could you please advise?
    Thank you.
    Faye

by LaFaye Sharp on Dec 15, 2011 at 4:38 pm

8. Sure thing! Just click on the mystery shopping tab on my nav bar and you can read about my experiences with the companies I have shopped for. A word of caution though, mystery shopping isn’t employment – you’re an independent contractor and for the most part get reimbursed for purchases, not paid.

by Nicole on Dec 15, 2011 at 7:06 pm

9. Service Sense is highly recommended the guidelines is always the same the report is easy and they are on the ball with payment.

by Donna Miller on Aug 22, 2012 at 4:10 pm

10. I just e-mailed a Scheduler for About Face and they told me they paid within 45 days Nicole!
    Is that not true.. not signed up yet to do their shops.

by Sarah on Sep 18, 2012 at 3:51 pm

11. They also told me there was a shop in a certain town which was north of us, the same direction we had to travel to do another shop.
    I signed up with them, and found out the shop is nowhere near that town, it is WAY west of us, at least an hour away!
    Why they tell us, it was in one town, when it’s actually in another town, far far away from that area?
    They don’t sound very trustworthy to me either. And they want to know ALL your personal info….everything, I find it a bit disconcerting imho.

by Sarah on Sep 18, 2012 at 7:31 pm