Nicoles Nickels

« | »

Mystery Shopping: Ritter Associates

I am trying to do mystery shops with different companies so that I can bring you all more legit companies to sign up with.  Many of you email me asking for more so here is another one!

I have completed one shop with Ritter Associates and it went very smoothly.  I am not a giant fan of their job assignment system – it’s a little difficult to search but they do send me frequent emails letting me know what opportunities are available in my area which I much appreciate!

The shop assignment was clear and the report was very straightforward.  I received a check for my shop very quickly and will not hesitate to accept another assignment from Ritter Associates!

As always, it’s FREE to sign up to be a mystery shopper for any of the companies I blog about. You can read more about the mystery shopping companies I blog about here. Please read my Mystery Shopping 101 post for more information.

Posted by on May 11, 2010.

Tags:

Categories: mystery shopping

17 Responses

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Nicole's Nickels. Nicole's Nickels said: Mystery Shopping: Ritter Associates: I am trying to do mystery shops with different companies so that I can bring… http://bit.ly/cEoI4E [...]

by Tweets that mention Mystery Shopping: Ritter Associates -- Topsy.com on May 11, 2010 at 5:51 am

2. Can someone show aor tell me how to open Ritter Associate mystery shop board. I sined in and my info comes up and it says I have 1026 opportunites. I fill in my postal codes and click on but nothing comes up.

by Sojourner on May 30, 2010 at 11:57 pm

3. Click “open opportunities”.

by nicolesnickels on May 31, 2010 at 7:00 am

4. Nicole,
    I’m having somewhat the same problem on Ritter. It tells me I have 2782 opportunities, but only lists 5. I don’t see “open opportunities” tab? Can you help?
    Thanks for all your information!!

by Tracie on Jun 2, 2010 at 9:28 pm

5. The 2782 is open opportunities nationwide probably and then there are 5 set to your filter based on your zip code and radius for searching. Hope that helps.

by nicolesnickels on Jun 2, 2010 at 9:42 pm

6. Yep…thanks again! I suspected that, but wanted a second opinion :-)

by Tracie on Jun 2, 2010 at 10:22 pm

7. Hello Nicole (Beautiful Name – lol)

WARNING: I am not sure if you posted how someone is trying to take the identity of Ritter and use it to make money. They will send you an email telling you to send them money via money wire using Ritter’s company name. DO NOT FALL FOR THAT, IT IS A SCAM!! I called the company Ritter to ask them about it and they said that they do have the FBI investigating that fraud/scam. Again, the company Ritter Associates is a legit company, but beware if you get an email asking you to go to Western Union to do a money transfer saying it is an assignment from Ritter. From my understanding Ritter assignments are about $10 or less an assignment. You will not receive more than that from a job. That is how you know it is a scam. You could lose a lot of money.

Thanks for posting your results with Ritter. I heard from a friend that it is a legit company. I have gotten emails from them and wasn’t able to go on any assignments as of yet. They stop sending me the emails, probably because I haven’t gone on an assignment as of yet. I have been a little nervous in going, but I had decided to look them up today and found your blog. It was very helpful and motivating.

Do you know anything about Project Payday? I looked them up and saw that they had a few complaints on BBB, however they were corrected complaints. I just wasn’t sure if they are true to their word and wanted to see if you knew, since you were doing research on the different mystery shoppers / work at home jobs.

Do you have any info on Liveops? They want me to do a $50 backgrd check before I can start. That is $50 of my money. Doesn’t sound worth it to me, do you have any advice on that company?

Thanks again for taking the time to share your results.

by Nichole on Jul 22, 2010 at 12:54 pm

8. I assume that every shop/mystery shop email having anything to do with check cashing or Western Union is a scam – better safe than sorry. And if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is – use common sense! I haven’t heard of either company you mention.

by nicolesnickels on Jul 22, 2010 at 5:58 pm

9. I am interested in becoming a Secret Shopper. I have 9 yrs. experience with Merchandising and Interior Design. I am presently a Massage Therapist and have a very flexible schedule.

Regards,
    dottie

by dottie chandler on Dec 27, 2010 at 11:54 pm

10. Oops. I live in Louisville, KY area

by dottie chandler on Dec 27, 2010 at 11:55 pm

11. I just recieved an email from “RitterAssociates” That is excatly what they told me to do. Go to any Walmart in my area and do a money transfer at the money center for 200$. This crap is ridiculous! I’m just a mother of three trying to get an extra income in the house, while still being able to stay home with my children.

by Racheal Barnes on Apr 26, 2011 at 11:16 am

12. ::::::::::::This is the email that they send:::::::::::::::

RITTER ASSOCIATES
    209 N REYNOLDS RD
    TOLEDO OH 43615-5251

Mystery Shopping is the practice of evaluating customer service operations, merchandising, product quality, and employee integrity. It is a quality management tool that companies utilize in order to obtain an objective picture of the current situation of their business from a customer’s perspective.
    By assigning reviewers to act as regular customers a business will obtain the best information possible regarding its branches, operations, customer service, facilities.
    As a Survey agent /Mystery shopper / evaluator your job details will be to evaluate and comment on customer service in a wide variety of shops, stores, services in your area and earn $200.00 for your first survey assignment and earn more next assignment(s). Indicate interest sending the under listed information to cs.RitterAssociates@gmail.com

Full Names =

Mailing address =

P.O.Box Address =

City / State / Zip Code =

PHONE NBR (M) = ( please provide # you can receive text msg instantly from us for phone verification before your application is been processed )

PLS SPECIFY mobile carrier: ( Alltel , AT&T , Bluegrass Cellular , Boost Mobile , Nextel , Sprint PCS , T-Mobile , US Cellular , Verizon , Virgin Mobile USA , 7-11 Speakout (USA GSM) , Airtel Wireless (Montana, USA) , Alaska Communications Systems , Illinois Valley Cellular , Longlines (USA-Midwest) , MobiPCS (Hawaii only) , MetroPCS , Qwest , Cellular One (Dobson) , AT&T Enterprise Paging , Cingular (Postpaid) , Helio , Centennial (USA) and many more . )

PAGER EMAIL :

AGE =

OCCUPATION =

Your first assignment will be to perform a survey on a prominent company in your area, which is a Wal-Mart Money gram outlet .Several customers have reported some lapses in the services rendered by the Management and staffs of this company. Their complaints were based on reports which their customers forwarded anonymously and phone calls which were also made to the head office.
    The following were the complaints we got from their customers;
    i) Slow and poor service delivery.
    ii) Unbalanced exchange rate
    iii) Excess charge(s)
    iv) Opening late and closing before time.

Your Secret Evaluation will be;
    1) To record the time you arrived to your survey location and the time it took them to provide the service you required of them.
    2) To make a transfer of funds from this Wal-Mart money gram location to another agent to carry out his/her own survey. Please note; a payment will be sent to you, to cover your payment for the survey/evaluation. As soon as you receive the payment you should immediately cash it at your bank, deduct $200.00 as your commission for your first assignment.
    3) Upon receiving the funds, send the remaining funds to the other survey agent who will be waiting to receive the funds and carry out his /her own evaluation. The name and address of whom the transfer will be sent to will be given to you. You have to keep a comprehensive report on every activity you carry out.
    4) You will also provide us with the name of the cashier that attended to you.
    Please remember that every activity of Mystery shoppers remains a secret between you and your employee as the company reserves the right to every documentation and information which you gather on behalf of the company.

Let us know if you are READY for this TASK, so that I can prepare the cashier for this activity and get the payment sent out to you ASAP to cover for the cost of the transfer and your commission. A swift acknowledgment of the receipt of this email will be appreciated in order to make our client’s Account payable officer prepare funds for this activity and get the payment sent out to you ASAP. For Quick process of your application and payment approval from us, do send the required information’s above and confirmation to proceed with the payment

NOTE: There is no form of interview and for the time being all communications and correspondence must be made via e mails for easy communication and quick responses from us as we have a huge database of mystery shopper(s). Please kindly bear with us

FIRST EVALUATION INSTRUCTION(S)
    You going to receive your payment either through MAIL / FED EX / UPS
    As soon as you have the two money orders, have it cashed at your bank, and deduct your pay (salary) for the assignment which is total $200.00. You will be left with $1,700.00 cash which is what would be used for the transaction at the Wal-Mart outlet. Please do not forget that you have to be observant and email us back with your observations as described earlier.

VENUE FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
    The venue for your first assignment would be:
    ANY WALMART OUTLET (any Wal-Mart outlet closer to you who you know and like to evaluate)
    Use the pointers below for your evaluation
    You are to ensure that you observe the following.

1) The name of the cashier that attended to you.
    2) Your time of arrival at the venue.
    3) Your time of departure.
    3) How long the transaction took.
    4) Do confirm that the money you send is available for pick up by receiver.
    5) What you feel about the customer service
    6) Any other area you think Wal-Mart should improve on.
    7) Transfer information (Ref # & amount sent after Wal-Mart money gram transfer charges)
    8) Note the charges too.
    9) The exact first name and last name you used to send money
    10) Sender full address and phone number used
    11) make sure the correct receiver name is JOSEPH MARTIN
    12) Name and address of Wal-Mart money gram visited
    All this must be kept unknown from the cashier.
    You will be sending the remaining cash after deducting your $200.00 to another survey agent below to carry out his own second survey immediately. Please note that there would be charges for sending cash at Wal-Mart outlet ,and this would be deducted from the total cash remaining after you might have deducted your $200.00

NAME: JOSEPH MARTIN
    ADDRESS: 4005 E 144TH ST
    CITY: CLEVELAND
    STATE: OHIO
    ZIP CODE: 44128

Ensure that you Scan and send back (via Email attachment) the Wal-Mart money gram receipt and the Ref # eight(8) digits code given to you after sending funds through money gram in the Wal-Mart outlet .

OVERVIEW:

PAYMENT WILL BE DELIVERED THROUGH MAIL / FED EX / UPS
    As soon as you have the $1900 cash from bank deduct your pay which is 200$ and go to any Wal-Mart store you wish to survey and send the remaining cash 1700$ to another survey agent JOSEPH MARTIN to carry out his own second survey immediately. Make sure you get back with your first evaluation reports at the Wal-Mart and answers to pointers in previous email from us. Do confirm this email if understood.
    Most important information required after carry out your first assignment is

Sender name and address:
    Sender phone number used:
    Ref # (8 digits):
    Actual amount sent:
    Transfer charges:
    Receiver name and address:
    Evaluation reports observed at venue visited:
    Name and address of venue visited:

ATTN 1:
    Hello survey agent, as soon as you receive your payment through MAIL / FED EX / UPS delivery. Why wait? Get back with your first survey assignment at Wal-Mart to proceed with your second assignment .Do reply for confirmation of this mail.

ATTN 2:
    As soon as your payment is delivered to you, do follow the first evaluation instructions in previous email from us and get back with a successful evaluation reports at the Wal-Mart store to proceed with your second assignment. Moreover do not delay because another survey agent is waiting to carry out his own second assignment today. Do reply for confirmation of this email.

FOR QUICK RESPONSE TO ALL APPLICATIONS DO EMAIL: cs.RitterAssociates@gmail.com

Copyright 2011 Ritter Associates & Ohio Media, Inc.

by Racheal Barnes on Apr 26, 2011 at 11:17 am

13. I have never recieved a payment from ritterassociates. I did a shop in April of 2011 and now it’s almost the end of May 2011. The simple sent me a copy of their payment information. Saying that i would need to pay $15 to have a new check sent, and $1.00 because it’s a check. Even though i asked for direct deposit,they have to send a check first. And $16.00 was the amount of the check they were suppost to send to me.

Has anyone else had this problem?

by Judy on May 25, 2011 at 4:37 pm

14. I am a Mystery Shopper, and have been doing it for around 8 years now. I have NEVER had to pay any kind of fee to sign up with any legitimate company. I don’t have any personal knowledge about Ritter Associates, I had considered it, but since they want my bank account information just to sign up to be paid without a fee I have decided not to. I work with many companies and most of them use Paypal. It’s easy and simple. If you don’t know what it is go to Paypal.com and look in to it. If you are looking for income opportunities go to Volition.com it will give you more companies than you can imagine for free. The only company that wants you to pay money (If it is something you want to do full time) is a company called MSPA (The Mystery Service Providers Association). The will certify you for a fee after taking their “class”. I will tell you that if they say they will pay you hundreds for an assignment it is a scam! In reality you will make between $5.00 and $30.00 when you first start out, and then as you get more seasoned you can get shops that pay more, but these jobs are a lot more detailed. I hope this helps out anyone that is looking in to Mystery Shopping!

by Wendy Sanders on Aug 29, 2011 at 12:54 am

15. is there an experienced mystery shopper who would be kind enough to help a beginner get off the ground. Many thanks. My email is serenity_free@yahoo.com

by belma on May 24, 2012 at 8:08 pm

16. I have worked with Ritter Associates for many years and I will tell you that they are legit. The problem is that that are scammers out there and they will use companies name that are legit to “get” you. I had someone trying to scam me with the PayPal account… Please, people, don’t ever cash a check or moneyGram sent to you by any “mystery shopping” company. They are scamming you. And yes, if it sounds too good, follow your guts and stay away! And NEVER pay to do a Mystery Shopping job! Good luck.

by Cileia Vieira on Nov 26, 2012 at 11:03 am

17. Hello I am interested in becoming a mystery shopper and I just want a legit website for me to get some extra money. I cant seem to fine one that is legit

by Rachael on Jan 31, 2014 at 12:05 am