Price of Product: starting at $79.99
Where can the product be purchased: online from Amazon and other websites and retailers nationwide
Description of Product: “Give dad something he’ll really appreciate this Father’s Day with the always entertaining, incredibly affordable Roku digital video player. Whether he’s a passionate sports fan or can’t get enough great TV and movies, he’ll find all of his entertainment needs fulfilled by Roku. Roku now offers full support for MLB.TV Premium and Basic memberships so dad can sit back and watch his favorite baseball teams play ball. He won’t want to miss any of the nearly 20,000 innings that will be available this year and if he wants to skip one or two, the new Inning Skipper will jump to any inning or right to live action. Expect more great sporting moments with the JUST-INTRODUCED NBA GAME TIME CHANNEL which offers game highlights and real-time game, team and player stats for all 2010 NBA playoff games. And later this month, get front row seats to one of the hottest tickets in town: the Ultimate Fighting Champtionship, with the Roku player. The UFC channel delivers high def access to the biggest UFC pay per view events plus bonus content for UFC Live subscribers that can now be watched on the big screen! The Roku family of affordable, highly entertaining media players starts at $79 and connect easily to dad’s broadband connection through WiFi or an Ethernet cable. Best known for streaming movies and TV shows from Netflix and Amazon Video On Demand, the Roku Channel Store now has more than 20 new channels for customers to choose from, most of them free, for dad to enjoy alone or with his family.”
Review of Product: What a cool product! I was easily able to get it working through my wireless home network without any problems. It has so many uses, I am still figuring out all of the capabilities of it. I love that I can get a Netflix subscription and watch the movies right through the box, no waiting for the movie to come in the mail and no having to send it back! There are also many FREE features of the Roku including NBA game time and browsing through Facebook photos on the TV. The paid features are also nice, and the Amazon and MLB options are very attractive!
Giveaway: The awesome folks at Roku have generously decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels reader their own Roku box!
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: Check out the Roku website and tell me what feature you think is the neatest.
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until June 14, 2010 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!