Price of Product: $19.99
Where can the product be purchased: online from Amazon and other websites and retailers nationwide
Description of Product: “In the old days proud parents could offer support, advice and encouragement to kids as they graduate college and enter the job market. These days many kids will be job hunting alongside their parents. According to a recent survey by the Michigan State University Collegiate Employment Research Institute, 2009 college graduates had 40 percent fewer job prospects than previous years and it’s predicted that the downward trend will continue for those graduating in 2010. What are recent grads and their families to make of all this? We are working with Ken Jedding, he’s a therapist as well as a career counselor and life coach. Jedding is in a unique position to understand the class of 2010 – as he is just about to receive his second graduate degree. He has literally been shoulder to shoulder with these new grads, listening to their hopes and dreams, fears and anxieties. Jedding recently authored HIGHER EDUCATION: ON LIFE, LANDING A JOB, AND EVERYTHING ELSE THEY DIDN’T TEACH YOU IN COLLEGE (Rodale Press, April 2010) and like most true wisdom, Jedding’s advice works for people of all ages who wish life came with a manual. The book also makes a timely graduation gift.”
Review of Product: This book makes a great gift for someone graduating college. It’s easy to read and divided into 4 parts (careers, relationships, parents, and perspective) and then sub-divided into chapters. It makes for a quick read but it has a lot of great information in it! The book is realistic and doesn’t pretend that everyone is leaving college with their life together and on the track they want it on. I enjoyed this book even though my own college graduation was 12 years ago last month….
Giveaway: The author of Higher Education: On Life, Landing a Job, and Everything Else They Didn’t Tell You in College has graciously decided to give one (1) of my readers a copy of their book.
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: Who would you give this book to (or would it be for yourself) if you won?
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until June 14, 2010 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!