Price of Product: each product available separately
Where can the product be purchased: each item available separately at retailers nationwide.
Description of Product: “Summer is a great time to hit the pools, lakes and beaches for some fun in the sun. However, summer weather often leads to dangerous situations and power outages that we are not prepared for. That’s why Energizer, the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and the American Meteorological Society (AMS) are working together to help families prepare for whatever weather situations summer and hurricane season might bring their way. A key reminder in preparedness is to use flashlights instead of candles if a storm knocks out the power. Many home fires are started by burning candles left unattended, with an average of 15,000 home fires caused each year.* The recommended emergency power kit includes a flashlight for each member of the family, a battery-powered radio for weather updates, a battery-powered cell phone charger to stay connected to loved ones and extra batteries, including those for critical devices such as insulin pumps, hearing aids and blood pressure monitors.”
Review of Product: I’ve lived in south Florida for 7 years now – enough time to have lived through several hurricanes and tropical storms. I know that preparedness is key. I was really happy to get this opportunity as I think everyone living in a vulnerable area (hurricane, tornado, etc.) needs to be aware and prepared. I have a kit together that I keep in my laundry room and always have hurricane food and water on hand when the season rolls around. It’s important to have a plan with your family as to where to go or who to call should a disaster strike when you aren’t together. As anyone who has lived through a hurricane can tell you, you can never be too prepared!
Giveaway: The folks over at Energizer, the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and the American Meteorological Society (AMS) have graciously decided to give away one (1) emergency power kit like the one I received above (red bag with battery-operated radio, flashlight, cell phone charger and extra batteries, etc.)
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: Do you have an emergency power kit? If so, what’s in it and where do you keep it. If not, will you get one now?
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until August 23, 2010 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!