Price of Product: $15.95
Where can the product be purchased: online from Amazon and other websites and retailers nationwide
Description of Product: “In her new book, “Skinny is Overrated,” physician and author Dr. Danielle Milano encourages women to get healthy and learn to love the size they are, and to disregard society’s pressures to fit into a certain mold. Humorously and conversationally written for the everyday woman, “Skinny is Overrated” offers simple and effective tips and recipes for women looking to live healthier lives. Providing 10 easy changes such as eliminating sodas and finding an enjoyable physical activity, Dr. Milano pushes women to embrace a lifestyle that will help them be healthier, have more energy and maybe even lose some weight in the process.”
Review of Product: I enjoyed this book. It was well-written and the concept is a good one. It advocates a healthy lifestyle to make you more happy and healthy without being so concerned about the number on the scale. Most of the tips are obvious ones but the author gives ways to implement them that were interesting to me. This book isn’t a diet book or a fitness book – it’s a book about how to live well. It wasn’t at all preachy or condescending and I appreciated the frank tone and practicality of the advice.
Giveaway: The author of Skinny is Overrated: The Real Woman’s Guide to Health and Happiness at Any Size have graciously decided to give two (2) of my readers each a copy of the book.
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: Who would you give this book to (or would it be for yourself) if you won?
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until August 9, 2010 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!