Where can the product be purchased: not for purchase though Raggedy Ann products are for purchase at online and physical retailers nationwide
Description of Product: “Raggedy Ann’s a universal beacon of generosity, compassion and love. On September 7, 2010, Raggedy Ann turned 95, and in honor of that important milestone, the enduring symbol of friendship now boasts a fresh—yet retro—look that makes her even more lovable than ever before. To mark her 95th Anniversary, Applause by Russ has created exclusive, vintage-inspired Raggedy Ann and Andy Anniversary dolls that harken back to the illustrations from the earliest Raggedy Ann books by Johnny Gruelle, who created Raggedy Ann for his daughter, Marcella, in 1915. The Anniversary Raggedy Ann closely resembles the character from the 1930 Raggedy Ann in the Deep, Deep Woods: rich, burnt-red hair (as opposed to the contemporary fire-engine red) tied in a bow; white-gloved hands; an outline around the eyes; and a more muted color palette. Of course, Raggedy Ann still features the beloved characteristics she’s famous for: button eyes, yarn hair, triangle nose, rosy cheeks—and most importantly, the signature embroidered “I Love You” heart.“Whether you’re an adult who fondly remembers your first Ann doll or an avid collector, this 95th Anniversary version is guaranteed to enchant,” says Joni Gruelle Wanamaker, granddaughter of Johnny Gruelle. “I know I’m partial, but I can’t think of a better baby, birthday or holiday gift!”
Review of Product: I loved Raggedy Ann (and Andy!) as a child and was excited to get this package in the mail. Raggedy Ann makes me smile! The prize package is so nice – the clothing, book and doll are all great gifts for a girl of any age! The outfit is available in 2T or 3T only and is so adorable! I am so happy that Raggedy Ann will continue to make today’s generation of young girl’s smile!
Giveaway: Raggedy Ann’s PR person has graciously decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels reader their own Raggedy Ann 95th Birthday Prize Package as pictured above!
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: Who would you give this prize package to (or would it be for yourself) if you won?
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until September 27, 2010 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!