follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter
follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter
follow Nicole's Nickels on Pinterest
follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter
follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter

Second to None Mystery Shopping Company

by Nicole on September 22, 2010

It’s been a while since I brought you a new mystery shopping company to sign up for so here’s one!

The company is called Second to None.  I have been signed up with them for a long time but hadn’t picked up any assignments.  I recently completed my first assignment and got paid so I am happy to tell you about them!

Second to None has a variety of assignments available, everything from quick restaurants to more intensive shops.  I sometimes get emails about open shops but I think it would be wise to log in frequently for the largest choice of assignments.  Payment was via Paypal and was made timely.

It is, of course, FREE to sign up for Second to None, like it is all the mystery shopping companies  I blog about.  You should NEVER pay to sign up with a company.  If you’d like more information about mystery shopping you can read my Mystery Shopping 101 post, my Mystery Shopping FAQ’s post, and all of the posts I have written about mystery shopping companies.

1 fairydust September 23, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Thanks for the recommendation and link. I just signed up with them, found a shop in my area, and applied — it required reading the materials and taking a quiz, but I passed :) on the first try! so now I’m waiting to see if I get the assignment.

2 michelle October 26, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Most these site should be looked up if any one cares this one hassss 2 complaints and a long list that says it been claimiing to be bbb approved but def not all . has a nice big f too , so not sure if your a scam site too thank you

3 nicolesnickels October 26, 2010 at 9:02 pm

I am not a scam site. I post about companies I have worked with and been paid from. I believe most complaints to the BBB about mystery shopping companies are from shoppers who do not follow assignment instructions and are not paid because they do not follow the rules. It’s ok if you don’t choose to mystery shop – more money for the rest of us!

4 Jayme November 3, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Michelle- Shame on you.

Ive also been with Second to none for years now. I have never had a problem and have developed very good friendships with schedulers. I have family members who also are part of their website and never a complaint.

5 charlotte January 12, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Nicole, I’m new to your site. It seems very time consuming, but your blog is awesome!! I do have a question for you. Is QuiBids a ligit. site? No offense to you but thought it might be a pop-up.

6 Marc March 5, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Michelle, I just wanted to note that, I too, have worked with S-T-N for two years, now, and have never had a problem. As a matter of fact, they, unlike some other mystery shopping companies, will work with someone by giving extra time or even a bonus, to get the assignment finished. They are one of the best that I have worked with. And I have worked with over 25 mystery shopping companies!
p.s. Michelle, you could clean up your wording and spelling, before you push send.

Nicole, please, tell me, in your mind, which company has the greatest potential for an Independent Contractor to make the most money with, overall?

7 nicolesnickels March 6, 2011 at 7:13 am

I think Coyle.

8 desiree April 6, 2011 at 11:06 am

Is it smart too give my bank account info on this site? I always get nervous bc i have been scammed b4!

9 linda December 15, 2011 at 7:08 pm

hello i just signed up and i am confused and the office is closed do i pay with my money and get it back or how does it all work help LOL

10 Nicole December 15, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Do you have an assignment? If you have an assignment it should be very clearly spelled out in the instructions. If you don’t have an assignment you’ll need to get an assignment in order to shop.

11 Amy Orvin January 20, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I am new to the site. I love this post. Thanks for sharing.

2dogs5catscrew@att.net

12 Carolsue March 31, 2012 at 3:18 am

I’ve been doing this for 5 years and love it. Last night we went out to dinner — on the Mystery Compay — at a lovely restaurant and we were allotted up to $100 for the meal! Can’t beat that!

I found all the companies I am registered with here:
I am registered with probably 100 companies, but get 99% of my jobs from about 10 of them.
You will find a list of companies and tons of other info at Volition. Great place to start.

13 Krys R June 3, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I’m happy you still have your Mystery Shopping posts up. A lot of great info. here.

14 Jeanette S July 9, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Nicole,
I am having a few worries with this company. Today’s shop was finally approved this morning. I went and it was a satisfactory shop. I can not fill out the report because it will only go to page 2, and refuses to advance to the next page. I have sent emails to the scheduler and asked if there was a fax number I could send it. No reply. I only have until midnight to get this turned in.
Last week, another scheduler approved 1 of 2 shop jobs after a week, then took it back saying she didn’t realize it was an Easy tech job. That job went to another shopper in the same town. They seem awfully disorganized to me.
I am really concerned.

15 smallplanet111 July 10, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Have you done any shop for TrendSource? A lot of people said they pay fast and have good shops too. I just applied and try to figure out more about this company.

16 Eileen March 3, 2013 at 6:16 pm

i stumbled upon this site and was wondering how good second 2 none is as well as trend source. I just started researching mystery shopping this week because i need some source of income just to get by Ive been unemployed since September 2010 and cant find work. I lost my unemployment in December 2011 and signed on with Avon as a Representative, but I dont make much money with that. I signed up with Best Mark this week and did 2 jobs for them so far so I am waiting for a check to be cut to me on March 8th 2013