Price of Product: varies but reasonably priced!
Where can the product be purchased: at grocers nationwide (in the freezer section)
Description of Product: “Tabatchnick’s been in business more than 100 years, using family recipes for a frozen soup and shelf soup line that includes organic, low-calorie, and gluten-free soups and more — even mac and cheese. GREAT nutrition for moms. Low-calorie and low-sodium versions — just right to eat light! CEO Ben Tabatchnick keeps his great-grandma in mind every time he develops a new soup or personally visits an ingredient supplier. You’ve heard that some kosher brands answer to ‘a higher authority?’ Well, in the Tabatchnick family, when it came to soups, there was no higher authority in the kitchen than Momma. As little Benje Tabatchnick, he took tickets from customers in line at the family delis, and then spent his youth working alongside his father, watching and learning what it takes to create great food. He worked as a buyer, traveling the world in search of the finest, freshest ingredients, and today, as CEO, he continues the family tradition by creating world-class soups. One of the greatest joys in life is sitting at a table, watching the steam rise from a hot bowl of soup, and anticipating that first
spoonful,” he says. “We all have wonderful memories of soup. We ate it with our families, before a big holiday meal, or as a warm lunch on a cold winter’s day.”
Review of Product: My all time favorite soup is sweet and sour cabbage like my grandmother used to make and I was thrilled to find Tabatchnicks version of that in the freezer of my local Publix. These soups taste much fresher to me than ordinary canned soups and that’s important. The vegetables are brighter and the meat tender. I also tried the no salt split pea soup and was so happy with the creaminess of the soup. The lack of salt did not mean lack of flavor and I liked adding it myself if I wanted it rather than deal with the typical sodium laden bowl of soup. The third variety I tried was the hearty barley and mushroom soup, another favorite of mine. This was rustic and full of big flavors. I thoroughly enjoyed these Tabatchnick soups!
Giveaway: The kind folks over at Tabatchnick have graciously decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels reader 3 coupons for FREE Tabatchnick soup products plus a branded apron!
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: Check out the Tabatchnick website and let me know which variety you’d most like to try.
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until September 20, 2010 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!