Today is Cyber Monday – Happy Online Shopping Day!
I know many of you are very savvy and experienced online shoppers but I still wanted to give you a few tips to make your online shopping experience on Cyber Monday a pleasant one!
1. Use Cash Back Shopping Sites. Make sure to sign up for Ebates, Cashbaq, Mr. Rebates andShop at Home. Compare the percentage back each site offers for the stores you’ll be shopping at and make sure to shop through them to get a percentage back of what you spend! I’ve seen cash back as high as 30% so this could really make a big difference in your holiday shopping.
2. Set a Budget and Stick To It. You don’t have to take advantage of every deal you’ll find so making a list of who you need to buy for and how much you want to spend is the most practical and will keep you on track. It’s easy to go overboard when every deal looks so great but remember your list and budget!
3. Search for Coupon Codes. Use sites like Current Codes and Retail Me Not to find current codes and promotions as well as free shipping information for the sites you are shopping on. The cash back sites I mentioned above (Ebates, Cashbaq, Mr. Rebates and Shop at Home) all have coupon code information as well. As a last resort I will google the company name and coupons or promo code and see what comes up.
4. Think of Future Gifts. Create a list of all the gifts you need to give throughout the year. The holiday season brings the biggest markdowns but there are deals to be had for gifts for year-round events like birthday parties, weddings, and hostess gifts. Go through your 2009 calendar to predict the gifts you’ll need for 2010 and try to shop for them while the deals are the hottest!
5. Read the Fine Print. Make sure to read carefully. If it seems too good to be true (as in free items), many times it is or comes with exclusions and rules. Make sure to read up on coupon code exclusion and know the return policy of the stores you are buying from in case what you buy needs to be returned.
Happy Online Shopping!
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!