Description of Product: “For twenty-three years, Energizer, the International Association of Fire Chiefs (I-A-F-C) and thousands of fire departments nationwide have worked together to encourage everyone to adopt the life-saving Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® habit of changing and testing smoke alarm batteries with each fall time change. This is so important because having a working smoke alarm can cut the risk of dying in reported home structure fires in half as they can often provide critical extra seconds needed to get out of your home safely. And even though 96% of American homes have smoke alarms, many do not have one that works because of missing or worn-out batteries. Each year, Energizer donates 200,000 batteries to help local fire departments nationwide. This year everyone has the chance to help double the donations, up to 400,000 batteries. Participation is easy. Visit the CYCCYB tab on the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page, www.facebook.com/energizerbunny, and pledge to change your smoke alarm batteries, share the life-saving Change Your Clock Change Your Battery message with others and create your family’s home escape plan so you have an exit plan in place. Each action will trigger a donation of batteries.”
Review of Product: It’s so important to change the batteries in smoke detectors and make sure you have enough smoke detectors in your home to protect your family! I love that Energizer is taking the time twice a year to remind everyone of these important facts! I will be so happy when the time changes so that it wont’ be pitch black when I walk the dogs in the morning. I don’t mind it getting darker earlier, it’s still light enough when I walk the dogs in the evening in the winter down here in Florida!
Giveaway: The folks over at Energizer have graciously decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels reader a First Alert smoke detector and a 2 pack of 9 Volt batteries!
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: How often do you change the batteries on your smoke detectors?
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until November 8, 2010 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!