Description of Product: “Whether frying, baking or broiling, this culinary superstar adds a flavorful crunch to create simple, savory recipes. Made from the soft, tender centers of the bread, Progresso Lemon Pepper Panko combines the perfect crunch with effortless flavor to give any dish that extra punch. The large, flaky crumb has a coarser texture than traditional bread crumbs, delivering a lighter, crunchier coating or topping. A chef known for his emphasis on creating delicious dishes with fresh, premium ingredients, Chef Michael Chiarello uses panko as his go-to bread crumb for a crunch that won´t quit. An Emmy-award winning TV chef and cookbook author, Chef Chiarello is the tastemaker behind Bottega Napa Valley Restaurant, NapaStyle and Chiarello Family Vineyards, and appears on The Cooking Channel and Top Chef Masters only on Bravo. Chef Chiarello is helping cooks everywhere use Progresso´s panko to make flavorful, flawless recipes including Crispy Seafood Salad, Mama Chiarello’s Stuffed Eggplant and Turkey Scallopini and Squash Ravioli with Cranberry Brown Butter.
Review of Product: I enjoy using panko crumbs over traditional bread crumbs because the panko crumbs make food crunchier and it stays crunchy even after reheating. I sometimes use them as a topping over food like macaroni and cheese, it’s not just for frying or baking! The lemon pepper flavor tastes awesome as a coating on fish especially. I made a delicious flounder rolled in the lemon pepper panko, it was the perfect amount of flavor and crunch! Michael Chiarello is a Food Network Chef that I watch frequently. I enjoy his Italian cooking and his new cookbook, “Bottega” is full of awesome photos and tantalizing recipes such as Ricotta Gnocchi with Salsa della Nonna and Strawberry Tiramisu Semifreddo. Make sure to snag this $1 off coupon for the panko.
Giveaway: The folks over at General Mills and MyBlogSpark have graciously decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels reader their own prize pack, including Progresso lemon pepper panko and Michael Chiarello’s cookbook, Bottega!
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: What type of dish would you create using the lemon pepper panko?
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until November 15, 2010 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!