Price of Product: $16.95 retail, currently $12.20 on Amazon
Where can the product be purchased: online from Amazon and other websites and retailers nationwide
Description of Product: “08.11.2010– We all know the story behind Bernie Madoff, but what about the untold stories behind the honest Americans who lost their life savings to the largest Ponzi scheme in history? A group of Madoff victims come forward in hopes of saving others from their fate with their new book titled “The Club No One Wanted to Join – Madoff Victims in Their Own Words” (Massachusetts School of Law Press).”
Review of Product: This book was very interesting to me in many aspects. I know several people whose families are Madoff victims and have seen what devastation Bernie Madoff caused them. The book is composed of chapters, each comprising a different victim’s story. Some are written historically while others are filled with emotion and are directed at Bernie Madoff himself. You read of the retiree about to withdraw a large sum from his Madoff account the morning Madoff is arrested and of the young people who trusted Madoff to hold every single penny they ever earned. I think it’s important to hear individual stories of victims – the number of victims is huge and the media usually only reports on the richest and most powerful victims. It’s hard for the world to feel sorry for such people. This book introduces you to a few of the people who never even knew they were invested with Madoff, and it makes you feel as though it could have happened to anyone. Another interesting aspect is the lack of response from the government who had given Bernie Madoff the all-clear in the past. This was a quick read but a very thought-provoking read and I recommend it.
Giveaway: I have one copy of “The Club No One Wanted to Join: Madoff Victims In Their Own Words” to give away to one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels reader.
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: Who would you give this book to (or would it be for yourself) if you won?
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until November 15, 2010 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!