So…do you have all of your holiday shopping done? Statistics show that most of you don’t! If you’re not done shopping yet, here are 5 tips to remember as you shop til you drop!
1. Shop Online. With most sites offering the same pricing as their brick-and-mortar stores combined with free shipping options, consider shopping at home in your pj’s! This is true especially if you are sending the gifts to people who don’t live near you. If you buy in the store you’ll pay shipping whereas if you buy online you can often get it shipped for free right to their door!
2. Use Cash-Back Shopping Sites. Every time you shop online make sure to check out the various cash back shopping sites (Ebates, Shop at Home, Mr. Rebates and Cashbaq). Figure out who gives the highest percentage back and make sure to shop through them. You’ll earn a percentage back that you spend, putting more money in your pockets!
3. Sell/Buy Giftcards at a Discount. Sites like Plastic Jungle sell giftcards at a discount and also buy back giftcards you don’t want! For example, you can get a $100 Macy’s giftcard for just $89.00! So if you usually buy giftcards for holiday gifts make sure to check out Plastic Jungle – where you can buy them for less!
4. Buy Wrapping Products at Dollar Stores. Wrapping supplies like tape, bows and ribbons can set you back major money depending on where you buy them. If you don’t have the room to shop the 90% off sales the year before and store your loot, make sure to shop at the Dollar store for gift bags, wrapping paper and boxes. You’ll find them cheaper there than most other places.
5. Consider homemade gifts. If you don’t have the money to spend on gifts or even if you do, consider homemade gifts. As I posted last week, Walmart has many recipes on their site where you can make baked goods for under $5! Remember, it’s the thought that counts, and spending the time to bake something yummy is a great gift that will be much appreciated!
Not to rush you but you only have 10 days left so get moving!
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!