Price of Product: $30.00
Where can the product be purchased: online from Master Lock and at retailers nationwide
Description of Product: ” * Large locking security chest with fire retardant insulation
* 4″ (10.2cm) x 13-1/4″ (33.7cm) x 10-3/4″ (27.3cm)
* Durable steel construction stands up to daily use
* Key lock to protect and secure your personal documents
* Fits standard-size documents
* Handle for convenient carrying
* Includes 2 keys”
Master Lock has 5 great tips for organizing paperwork for tax filing. “There’s no better time to sort through the growing pile of papers in your home office than when you’re preparing to file year-end taxes. While organizing paperwork and personal files can seem like a daunting task, it certainly doesn’t need to be. Master Lock has provided five tips for organizing and safely storing important documents for a smooth tax filing process and more organized year.
1. Purge the paperwork -First things first – clear the clutter.
2. Safely store crucial records – Designate a specific storage space for vital documents including birth certificates, marriage licenses, passports, wills and social security cards
3. Create a file – Create a separate file for all of your tax documents. We recommend a customizable, portable filing solution such as Master Lock’s 7148D storage box for simple and easy transport to and from meeting with your accountant or tax advisor.
4. Back Up Everything – Make digital copies of important documents and store them in your fireproof box on a zip or thumb drive.
5. Make it a Tradition – Select a specific time of year (perhaps when tax time rolls around again) and make your review of these records an annual occurrence.”
Review of Product: I’m all about organization and anything that makes my life more organized is a good thing. This Master Lock security box is a total lifesaver. First of all I love that it’s not heavy. I can pick it up but it is definitely durable. It comes with a lock and key and is a file box that stands upright. It makes it so easy to store all my important papers all in one place where I know they are all safe. There are built in shelves to hang files, making it just like any other file box except with a lock and added security! Make sure to check out Master Lock’s tax tips above, they are easy tips that are bound to make your life easier during tax time.
Giveaway: The folks at Master Lock have generously decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels reader the 7142D storage security box pictured in this post.
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: Check out Master Lock’s storage security products and tell me which one you’d most like to try and why.
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until April 4, 2011 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!