Name of Product: McCormick 2011 Flavor Forecast
Where can the product be purchased: McCormick products are for sale at grocers nationwide
Description of Product: “America’s preference for more complex and intense taste experiences is a dynamic reflection of a new flavor confidence, says McCormick & Company, Inc. Released today, the McCormick® Flavor Forecast® 2011 identifies leading culinary trends that will shape the way we eat in the year ahead and beyond. It’s an exciting time for flavor. Spice consumption in this country is at an all-time high – growing more than three times as fast as the population1 and currently exceeds 1 billion pounds per year2. This growth in volume has been matched by a growing desire for variety. Today’s pantry can consist of about 40 different seasonings, compared to less than 10 in the 1950s.
McCormick® Flavor Forecast® 2011 Top 10 Flavor Pairings:
1. Fennel & Peri-Peri Sauce
2. Pickling Spice & Rice Vinegar
3. Roasted Curry Powder & Wild Mushrooms
4. Caramelized Honey & Adzuki Red Beans
5. Ancho Chile Pepper & Hibiscus
6. Thyme & Stone Fruits
7. Mustard Seed & Vermouth
8. Cilantro & Nut Butters
9. Herbes de Provence & Popcorn
10. Green Peppercorn & Goat’s Milk”
Review of Product: This was an awesome kit from McCormick with their 2011 Flavor Forecast. I love to cook and love to use spices that are new to me in exciting combinations. This was right up my alley! Some of the pairings above seem a little strange but they do work well together! I made the dirty martini steak kabobs as I love a dirty martini! This was not a complicated recipe but it had complex flavors for sure. It went over well and I will definitely make it again. I also tried the coconut-almond chicken stew with cilantro and it reaffirmed what I had thought – I don’t like cilantro. The recipe was delicious otherwise and everyone who tasted it loved it. Again, a fairly easy recipe that was chock full of flavor!
Giveaway: The folks at McCormick have decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels reader their own McCormick 2011 Flavor Forecast Kit! The kit includes a 2011 Flavor Forecast Report, 4 recipe cards, spices and non-perishable ingredients for all 4 recipes, and a $25 giftcard to purchase additional needed ingredients!
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: Which of the 10 combinations above would you most like to try and why?
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until March 28, 2011 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!