Price of Product: $14.37
Where can the product be purchased: online from Master Lock and at retailers nationwide
Description of Product: “For years, children have been purchasing Father’s Day staples from ties and tools to golf balls and commemorative sports items, hoping to please Dad with their presents each June. For fathers who have it all, give Dad the gift of security this year by selecting the perfect lock to safeguard his valuables – whatever they may be.
When choosing a lock for fathers, it’s helpful to consider his character traits as well as his favorite activities. To help narrow down the choices, Master Lock has compiled descriptions of four common personality types and which locks would make the best gifts for each.
1. Active Dad. The active dad is a workout buff. He heads to the gym to stay in shape and loves to be outdoors whether he is hitting the trails with his bike, going on leisurely jogs or playing a few rounds of golf on the weekends. Because he loves these activities, he has invested in quality equipment that should be protected such as high-end ear buds for workouts, a top-of-the-line mountain bike and more. To lock up gym equipment and keep his possessions safe while working out, consider purchasing him a reliable combination lock such as the 1500iD Speed Dial. It’s quick to open and will keep his workout gear safe. If he heads out on his bike more often than he goes to the gym, a bike lock may be the best gift. Consider a flexible cable lock like Master Lock’s 8114D, so he can lock up multiple items including his helmet along with his bike.
2. Handy Dad. This type of dad loves to fix things and spends his time both indoors and out, making his home the best it can be. Over the years, he has been gifted every tool imaginable to accomplish various home improvement tasks. Quality tools are expensive, whether they deal with lawn care or DIY projects. Help your dad lock up his tool shed or garage by getting him a high security lock such as Master Lock’s Magnum series of products. These padlocks feature reinforced stainless steel and are weather resistant, making them a great gift and solution for securing outside storage areas.
3. Business Dad. Always on the go, this dad is on the road for business meetings often and is a frequent hotel visitor. It’s important that he keep his luggage and other crucial items safe as he travels. A TSA-accepted lock for baggage is a great way to keep items safe in-transit. Master Lock’s 4688D TSA-accepted lock can help ensure he gets through airport security lines without a hitch. When in his hotel room, he’ll need a safe place to store his passport, cash, watch and other important documents. Consider selecting a secure cash or document storage box like the 7142D to give him a safe place for these items.
4. All Dads: Regardless of a father’s occupation or personality type most are busy men who balance a variety of responsibilities on a daily basis. Sharing the Master Lock Vault application with dad can help him keep all of his most important information in one safe, organized location. This free, secure online data storage application can ease his hectic life, giving him easy access to passwords, bank account information and more – all on the go.”
Review of Product: I love the idea of getting Dad a Master Lock product or 1 for Father’s Day! I am all about useful and practical gifts and Master Lock products sure are both!I received the laminated padlock – this is perfect for storage lockers or residential gates and fences – perfect for the outdoorsy dad!
Giveaway: The folks at Master Lock have graciously decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels reader their own Master Lock Laminated Padlock 5D!
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: Who would you give this padlock to (or would it be for yourself) if you won and where would it be used?
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until June 13, 2011 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!