Price of Product: $10.99 per pair
Where can the product be purchased: U.S. in Walmart, Target, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, as well as in Canada in Overwaitea, IDA, Familiprix, Guardian and other independent drugstores or pharmacies throughout North America or online at drugstore.com and at http://www.sea-band.com/shop.
Description of Product: “Approved by the FDA, Sea-Band works by exerting constant, gentle pressure on a point on the inner wrist known as the Pericardium 6 (P6) acupressure point. It brings effective relief within five minutes of being applied and can be used before or after the onset of nausea. The all-natural, drug-free, latex-free Sea-Band does not cause the side-effects often associated with anti-nausea medication such as drowsiness, disorientation, dry mouth or possible interactions with other drugs. It’s safe for children, pregnant women and patients taking prescription medications. Packaged in a convenient carry-case, they are washable and reusable, and available a variety of colors in sizes for adults and children.
Sea-Band is a leading drug-free remedy for motion sickness, morning sickness, chemotherapy nausea and post-operative nausea. Most recently, a 2010 study, carried out at a German clinic specializing in migraine and headache therapy, showed that Sea-Band wristbands significantly reduced nausea and vomiting: 83% noticed perceptible reduction and 44% found their symptoms markedly reduced.”
Review of Product: I don’t get seasick or motion sick so I gave these bands to a good friend whose daughter gets motion sick on land and on sea as they were about to go on a road trip vacation that involved some boating as well. I figured we could really put these Sea-bands to the test! My friend happily reported back that there had been no sickness during the vacation which she attributes to the Sea-bands! Her daughter thought they were cool and had no complaints at all. I tried the ginger gum one day when I had a queasy stomach and found that I didn’t mind the taste and felt better after chewing it. I am always into buying non-medicinal products like these to try to alleviate symptoms without side effects!
Giveaway: The folks over at Sea-band have generously decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels reader a family pack of items – 2 children’s Sea-Bands, 1 adult’s Sea-bands and 2 packs of ginger gum!
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: Do you or does anyone in your family get seasick or car sick? How do you help the symptoms?
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until August 1, 2011 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the items I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!