Price of Product: $15.99
Where can the product be purchased: websites and retailers nationwide
Description of Product: “As weather watchdogs like Weather Services International are predicting 15 named storms in 2011, including eight hurricanes, two or three of which may hit landfall in the United States, preparedness is so important. Hurricanes often spur additional weather emergencies including tornadoes and flooding. While severe storms, tornadoes, floods and hurricanes are inevitable in spring, summer and even into fall, planning and preparation can make severe weather challenges manageable and even help save lives.
One of the most common occurrences in storms–regardless of severity–is the loss of electricity. Losing electricity does not have to mean loss of all power. Whether it is a brief inconvenience or a prolonged outage, use flashlights or lanterns and make sure they are easily accessible for all family members. Including flashlights in a preparedness kit is helpful for knowing where alternate lighting sources are when you need them.
Energizer® Weatheready® lights feature long-lasting LED technology. This extensive flashlight line is designed to provide extended runtimes so your family has light where and when it is needed most, therefore avoiding the use of candles when the power goes out. Because, according to the National Fire Protection Association, more than 15,000 fires are caused annually by candle use, and the risk of a fatal candle fire is greatest when the candles are used as a light source. A flashlight for every family member ensures safe lighting during power outages.
The Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA) recommends the following items for an emergency preparedness kit. Keep these items together in a safe location for access in case of storm damage.
* Water: According to FEMA, each person should have a supply of one gallon of water per day for three days, as a normally active person needs at least one-half gallon of water daily just for drinking, in addition to cooking and sanitation.
* Nonperishable food and a manual can opener
* Antibacterial Hand Wipes for when soap and water are not available.
* One change of clothing and footwear per person; toys and books for children
* One blanket or sleeping bag per person
* A first aid kit, including necessary prescription medications and eyeglasses
* Pictures of family members and pets, in the event of separation
* Pet care items
* Extra set of car keys
* Vehicle fuel tanks filled
* Credit card or cash
* Special items for infant, elderly or disabled family members”
Review of Product: Most of you all know I live in south Florida where we take hurricanes VERY seriously! I am always on the lookout for the latest and greatest technology to have around during a storm. This LED Light is perfect for having on hand for when an emergency happens. It has 2 modes, high and low and turns on when the power goes out. It is able to be recharged hundreds of times with the special battery inside of it! I’m going to pick up a few more so we have several since hurricanes are so common here, I’m always looking for ways to update our hurricane kit!
Giveaway: The folks at Energizer have graciously decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels winner their own Energizer Weatheready Light!
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: Do you have an emergency preparedness kit in your home? If so, what is the top item in there? If not, why don’t you have one?
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until August 15, 2011 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!