This Veteran’s Day (Friday, Nov. 11, 2011), 7-Eleven, Inc. is saluting active, veteran and retired U.S. military personnel and their immediate families with free, small Slurpee® drinks between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. Presenting proof of current or former U.S. military service during that time is all that’s required to receive a free Slurpee drink on Veteran’s Day.
The eight-hour Slurpee salute is the centerpiece of a month-long Operation: Thank You campaign, which enlists 7-Eleven customers to show their support for U.S. troops by adding a $1 donation to the USO when they check out at participating 7-Eleven® stores. Donated funds will be earmarked by the USO for care packages sent to military troops serving overseas. Each care package includes products like beef jerky, trail mix, toiletry items and an AT&T phone card.
In addition, for troops and their families stationed at 11 U.S. military bases, 7-Eleven has planned a special treat. Slurpee trailers will take America’s favorite frozen carbonated drink to them during visits between Nov. 8 and Nov. 12 to the following locations:
- Bolling Air Force Base in Washington, D.C.
- Langley Air Force Base in Hampton, Va.
- Naval Station Norfolk in Norfolk, Va.
- Naval Air Station Oceana in Virginia Beach, Va.
- Andrews Air Force Base in Camp Springs, Md.
- MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Fla.
- Fort Hood Army Base in Killeen, Texas
- Fort Carson Army Base in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Marine Corps. Base Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, Calif.
- Naval Base San Diego in San Diego, Calif.
- Joint Base Lewis McChord in Tacoma, Wash.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!