Where to Buy: at grocers nationwide
Description of Product: “For a successful Black Friday you must prepare – research the ads, map your quest, set your alarm and set out your comfy shoes. But most importantly, be sure to prepare easy, high-fiber meals and snacks that will keep you energized to go all day! Here are a few simple meal and snack ideas you can share with your readers to that they are performing at their best on the biggest shopping day of the year:
Rise and Shine Taco:
Breakfast Tacos are great way to get you or a crew ready for a full day of non-stop shopping! Below you’ll find a recipe for Rise & Shine Tacos that feature the new La Tortilla Factory’s Fiber & Flax Corn tortillas! Easy to prep the ingredients the night before, this get you going breakfast is loaded with protein and fiber – especially with these tortillas, which have five grams of fiber, 20 grams of whole grains and are only 45 calorie per tortilla!
Rise and Shine Tacos
2 La Tortilla Factory’s Smart & Delicious Fiber & Flax Corn Tortillas
1tsp Olive oil
¼ cup Onion, diced
1 oz Chopped turkey bacon or sausage (or your favorite choice of meat)
½ cup Egg beaters (or, 1 egg + 2 egg white)
½ Tomato, diced
1 TbspLow fat shredded cheese (mozzarella, Monterey jack, or your favorite cheese)
Optional: Top with a tablespoon salsa.
1. In a non-stick or cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and choice of meat. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until soft. Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, add egg beaters (or beat eggs), pour into skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until eggs are cooked well.
3. Once eggs are fully cooked, stir in tomatoes and the onion-meat mixture into eggs.
4. Warm the Fiber & Flax Corn Tortillas for about 30 seconds on each side, or to desired warmth.
5. Place tortillas on plate, fill the middle of the tortilla with egg mixture and sprinkle cheese. If desired, top with salsa.
6. To eat like a taco, fold up sides or roll around the filling.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 300, Total Fat: 12g, Protein: 21g, Carbohydrates 29g
Snack in a Wrap:
Time is of the essence, and lunch may not be an option, so keep going by packing a light snack that packs a punch. Use a La Tortilla Factory Low Carb High Fiber tortilla to wrap lean lunchmeat, veggies and cheese. Again, it’s high in fiber and easy to carry. Another idea is to use the Banana & Raisin Wrap recipe below.
Banana & Raisin Wrap
1 La Tortilla Factory Low Carb High Fiber Tortilla
1 Small banana, sliced
4 TbspFat free whipped cream cheese spread
½ tsp Cinnamon powder
1. Lay the 100 Calorie Whole Wheat Tortilla on plate. Spread cream cheese evenly.
2. Along center of tortilla, layer banana slices. Sprinkle raisins over bananas. Sprinkle cinnamon powder over the layered bananas and raisins.
3. To wrap: fold in the ends of each tortilla, then take one side and roll away from your body in a tight jelly-roll fashion forming a tight roll.
Leftovers with a Healthy Twist
If online shopping from home is more your speed on Black Friday, here’s a tasty twist on tackling the leftovers. Instead of the tired sandwich, combine all the great tastes of Thanksgiving like turkey, stuffing and cranberry dressing, together in a wrap. These Extra Virgin Olive Oil SoftWraps are the perfect size and are tasty, healthy and easy to work with.”
Review of Product: I am quite possibly a tortilla addict and the La Tortilla ones are some of the best around! I love the softwraps and how much protein these tortillas have in them. I am a carb watcher and they are low carb and high fiber which is perfect to help get you full and help you feel full longer! The recipes above are a perfect way to start a day of shopping tomorrow! I plan to make a breakfast burrito using a La Tortilla tortilla with eggs, diced green chiles, pepper jack cheese and some salsa – yum! This will help fuel me for the day and make it so I don’t get hungry before it’s even lunchtime!
I received a sample of these products to post my review but my opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!