Where to Buy: at retailers nationwide
Price of Product: $2.99 for 35 wipes and $4.99 for 75 wipes
Description of Product: “Did You Know… that most disinfecting wipes require rinsing after cleaning surfaces that come in contact with food? Time to switch to New Scotch-Brite™ Botanical Disinfecting Wipes. They kill 99.9% of household germs* and kill cold & flu viruses*—with no rinsing required.
Made from botanically pure plant extracts, these no-rinse wipes are an effective cleaning solution for the many hard, nonporous surfaces where bacteria or unpleasant odors are a concern, including countertops, food preparation surfaces, floors, appliances, cribs, children’s toys, toilet seats and pet habitats. New Scotch-Brite™ Botanical Disinfecting Wipes are here to help you clean easy and breathe easy. It’s the no-rinse, one-step solution for effective, everyday cleaning.
In celebration of National Pizza Month, Scotch-Brite is encouraging families to try these no-rinse wipes to disinfect and then prepare their own homemade pizzas right on their countertops using an exclusive recipe from critically acclaimed New York chef and pizza “master,” James Briscione.
Chef James Briscione’s Recipe for Thyme Roasted Wild Mushroom Pizza with Truffle Oil and Aged Provolone
Makes 4 8 inch round pizzas or 1 18×13 pan pizza (full size baking sheet)
1¼ cups water, lukewarm (@100˚)
1 packet (2½ teaspoons) dry active yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
2½ cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Start by disinfecting your kitchen counter with Scotch-Brite™ Botanical Disinfecting Wipes (use as directed)
2. Combine the water and yeast in a small bowl and whisk to dissolve
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the salt, flours and olive oil, to mix well. When the yeast mixture begins to foam, after 7-10 minutes, stir it into the flour. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. The mixture should pull into a smooth ball.
4. Transfer the dough to a clean bowl that has been lightly greased with olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel and set aside on the countertop for 45 minutes.
5. Remove the dough from the bowl to your floured kitchen counter.
6. “Punch the dough down” by pressing the air out of it with floured hands.
7. Gently knead for the dough and divide it into two pieces.
8. Roll the two pieces of dough into a ball under the palm of your hand. Then roll into a flat disc with a rolling pin.
9. Finish stretching the dough by hand. The pizzas are now ready to top!
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
8 ounces mixed wild mushrooms (oyster, chanterelle, trumpet, etc)
6 branches fresh thyme
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons white truffle oil
Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
2 teaspoons picked thyme leaves
2 cups aged provolone cheese, grated
1. Place a large sauté pan over high heat, add the vegetable oil and heat until the oil begins to smoke.
2. Add all of the mushrooms at once, toss quickly to coat with the oil and leave the mushrooms to sear, undisturbed for 1-2 minutes.
3. When the mushrooms begin to brown, add the fresh thyme and crushed garlic and toss again.
4. Once the mushrooms are browned on all sides, add the butter and cook 1 minute more.
5. Season well with salt and pepper, then transfer to paper towels to drain.
6. Preheat oven to 500˚
7. To assemble the pizza, spread approximately 3 ounces of tomato sauce over each of the stretched pizza rounds, leaving a half inch border all the way around to allow the crust to rise.
8. To assemble the pizzas, drizzle each of the stretched pizza rounds with olive oil.
9. Scatter the cooked mushrooms and fresh thyme equally over the pizzas.
10. Top each with ½ cup of cheese and bake approximately 8 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
11. Remove from the oven, rest 2 minutes then drizzle with truffle oil and serve.”
Review of Product: I am a big disinfecting wipe user but I didn’t know most require rinsing after the wipe comes into contact with food. Now that I know that the Scotch Brite wipes are at the top of my list! I was able to try them in the lemongrass scent which I absolutely loved. I just wish I had gotten more of them – they’re already gone but are the top of my list! The pizza making basket I received (and 2 of you will win!) is awesome! It has a nice pizza pan with pizza cutter, a dough mix and a rolling pin (along with the Scotch Brite wipes of course!) – all of the materials you’ll need (except food) to make a perfect pizza from home! I tried out the recipe provided by Chef James Briscione’s Thyme Roasted Wild Mushroom Pizza with Truffle Oil and Aged Provolone and it was really delicious and very different than the normal tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni pizza we normally make! It wasn’t difficult but was elegant and gave pizza night a new twist for sure! Pizza night wasn’t so messy when we used the Scotch Brite wipes to help with the clean up either!
Giveaway: The folks at Scotch Brite have graciously decided to give two (2) lucky Nicole’s Nickels readers their own Pizza Making Basket with Scotch Brite Disinfecting Wipes and pizza making supplies like dough mix, rolling pin, pizza cutter and pizza pan!
Enter using the Rafflecopter form below – you can only do each entry once! Giveaway ends at 12:01 am on Tuesday, November 8, 2011. For information on how to enter Rafflecopter Giveaways check out this post.
I received samples of the products reviewed in this post. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!