Where to Buy: at retailers nationwide
Price of Product: $38.11
Description of Product: “While the holidays are full of food and fun, the season can also be one of the most hectic and busiest times of year. To avoid any pitfalls that come with the eventful season, Master Lock has developed a Holiday Safety Checklist for keeping families and homes safe and secure, including tips and product solutions for safe holiday travel, safe decorating techniques and smart shopping strategies.
1. Travel Safely. Whether you’re planning a road trip or flight, be sure to take all the proper safety precautions. If driving to your destination, check tire pressure beforehand for optimal handling and traction and consider having your car winterized by your mechanic for added safety. Stock your car with a safety kit in case you were to get stuck. Check weather forecasts and road conditions before heading out for safe driving conditions.
2. Secure Your Home. During the holiday season, you’re likely to have guests coming and going from your home for a number of get-togethers. Be sure all entry points, including doors, windows and sliding glass doors, are locked before and after guests depart to help keep your family, home and valuables safe.
3. Shop Smart. To stay safe while enjoying a fun holiday shopping trip to the local mall or shopping center, be aware of your surroundings. Park in well-lit areas, avoiding spaces next to large vehicles that can block the line of sight to your car if possible, make sure you aren’t followed when exiting the mall and lock your doors immediately upon re-entering your vehicle. Keep purchased gifts out of sight — in the trunk of your car or under a blanket — to prevent theft.
4. Decorate Strategically. When decorating the home to reflect your festive mood, check lights for frayed wires and loose or broken plugs. Check manufacturers’ instructions for the maximum number of light strands that can be safety strung together, and don’t exceed that maximum to minimize risk of a short circuit or electrical fire. Keep any trees or indoor plants away from fireplaces and candles. If you have pets, take time to strategically place any decorations out of their reach, preventing them from trying to eat them or causing damage to the house.
5. Don’t Play with Fire. While it’s easy to get distracted when you’re hosting friends and family, never leave your stove unattended while you have food cooking. Unattended cooking is the leading cause of home fires in the U.S. If you plan to light a fire, remove all greens, boughs, papers and decorations from your fireplace and make sure that the damper is open. Never burn wrapping paper in a fireplace. It ignites suddenly and burns intensely and can cause a flash fire.
Review of Product: I was able to try the Key Safe 5400 from Master Lock recently. Just like with all of the other Master Lock products I’ve reviewed, this one did not disappoint and I am always impressed with how sturdy and well-made these products are since they are always super affordable! You can put up to 5 keys inside of the key safe and then it opens with a combination that you set yourself. It is a very versatile product and we’ve used it numerous times already!
Giveaway: The folks at Master Lock have graciously decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels winner their own Key Safe 5400!
Enter using the Rafflecopter form below – you can only do each entry once! Giveaway ends at 12:01 am on Tuesday, January 3, 2012. For information on how to enter Rafflecopter Giveaways check out this post.
I received samples of the product reviewed in this post. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!