Where to Buy: at grocers nationwide
Description of Product: “I’m sure you can relate to how busy schedules leave families with little time to spend together, especially during the work and school week. But by adding a little creativity to your day – from play time to meal prep – you’ll find that reconnecting won’t have to be another task on your list, it’ll be part of your daily routine. Here are some tips from Professional chef, author and mother-of-two, Maureen Petrosky (www.maureenpetrosky.com)!
· Spice it up. Revisit your pantry or spice drawer to avoid extra trips to the grocery store. With simple ingredients such as rosemary, garlic, oregano or cilantro, you can quickly transform your family’s favorite meals into an array of dinner options. Get everyone involved in meal prep and use this time as an opportunity to catch up with one another.
· Dine together. Prepare a stress- free dinner with items kids love such as Weaver Chicken Nuggets, served up alongside a big salad and some fresh bread from the baker. Kids prefer Weaver Chicken Nuggets because they’re crispy and delicious on the outside and they have juicy, tender chicken on the inside. Moms can feel good serving them to her kids because they have zero grams trans fat per serving and are high in protein.
· Go camping indoors. The rule: no lights, phones or computers from dusk to dawn. Drape the couch and chairs with sheets for a makeshift tent. Put your sleeping bags on the floor, grab your flashlights, and share your best ghost stories.
· Start a dance party. A great way to have some fun with your family is to get everyone dancing. Turn off the TV and turn on some good tunes. Make homemade trophies and prizes to give to the winners. Create special categories for best moves, best spins, most creative, most enthusiastic dancer.
· Turn chore time into an a-maze-ing race. In ten minutes, you can create an indoor maze, complete with clues to take your family on an at-home adventure. Incorporate simple chores like putting away laundry, cleaning under the bed, or setting the table. The final reward can be their favorite dinner or an extra bedtime story.”
Review of Product: I love the tips (above) on how to have some indoor family fun and am starting to incorporate some of them into our lives! Noah loves Weaver chicken nuggets and we love giving him food that is nutritious and good for him! I tasted one the other day and was surprised at how crispy it was on the outside and how moist it was on the inside, definitely rare in the frozen chicken nugget category! It tasted so good I stole a second one.
Giveaway: The folks at Weaver have graciously decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels reader a month worth of Weaver Chicken Nuggets (in the form of 4 FREE product coupons).
Enter using the Rafflecopter form below – you can only do each entry once! Giveaway ends at 12:01 am on Tuesday, December 27, 2011. For information on how to enter Rafflecopter Giveaways check out this post.
I received samples of the products reviewed in this post. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!