Where to Buy: at grocers nationwide
Description of Product: “It’s January and you are decompressing from the holidays – and maybe even experiencing the post-holiday blues. This year, make sure the New Year doesn’t leave you in a funk by celebrating Chinese New Year. The Year of the Dragon – a 15-day celebration – kicks off on January 23, 2012.
Whether you are looking for a good reason to round up some friends and host a soiree or just want to try some authentic Asian cuisine, Simply Asia® makes it easy to celebrate this great tradition:
* • Easy-to-use products to incorporate into a Chinese New Year gathering or just add something special to weekday dinners
* • New recipes perfect for Chinese New Year
* • Tips for throwing a Year of the Dragon party, from décor to cuisine
* • Insight into Chinese New Year traditions and their significance
Firecracker Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Refrigerate: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 pouch Simply Asia® Spicy Kung Pao Stir-Fry Sauce
2 pounds chicken wing pieces
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Spicy Thai Dip or Sweet Chili Dip, recipe follows (optional)
1. 1. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the Stir-Fry Sauce for brushing. Place chicken wings in large resealable plastic bag. Add remaining Stir-Fry Sauce and red pepper; toss to coat well.
1. 2. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove chicken wings from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Arrange chicken wings in single layer on foil-lined large shallow baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
1. 3. Bake in preheated 425ºF oven 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken wings are golden brown and cooked through, turning and brushing occasionally with reserved Stir-Fry Sauce. Serve with Spicy Thai Dip or Sweet Chili Dip.
Makes 6 appetizer servings.
Spicy Thai Dip: Mix 1/2 cup each mayonnaise and sour cream, 1/4 cup Thai Kitchen® Spicy Thai Chili Sauce and 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice in medium bowl until well blended. (For Sweet Chili Dip, use 1/4 cup Thai Kitchen® Sweet Red Chili Sauce.) Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store leftover dip in refrigerator. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
Firecracker Chicken Tenders: Prepare as directed, using 2 pounds chicken tenders.
Review of Product: I love super spicy foods and while not all Thai foods are spicy many are and the flavors just ring so fresh and vibrant with me. These Thai Kitchen products are my go-to for at home Thai cooking – and they taste even better than take-out items!
Giveaway: The folks at Thai Kitchen have graciously decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels reader a super assortment of Thai Kitchen products!
Enter using the Rafflecopter form below – you can only do each entry once! Giveaway ends at 12:01 am on Tuesday, January 31, 2012. For information on how to enter Rafflecopter Giveaways check out this post.
I received samples of the products reviewed in this post. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!